Anyone else have this iTunes bug?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by petrucci666, Dec 9, 2010.

1. petrucci666 macrumors 6502a

I'm pretty sure this is some kind of bug, nothing major but I don't think this is supposed to be this way.

Anyone else have any problems similar to this?

Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I believe he's referring to the space with the volume indicator (er..whatever that should be called).

Well, I had that problem when I swapped to the SilentNight skin, are you using a different skin or is this with the standard iTunes layout? If you're using a new skin, try this: reverted back to the original, delete the new skin's file, redownload, and try again.

If not, then..I dunno..

4. petrucci666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was referring to the space left of the song title, where you can see half of the speaker icon and half of a green circle with a check mark in it.

5. petrucci666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's the standard iTunes 10 layout, I just installed a different 'resources' file where the traffic lights on top are horizontal instead of vertical and where the icons in the left panel are colored instead of grey. Nothing major but could this have been what caused the bug I have now?

Thanks

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The speaker icon indicates that is the currently playing song. The check mark indicates iTunes has completed converting the song from a CD to a digital iTunes file.

7. petrucci666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes I know what they are, but why are they there and why are they cut off at the middle?

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Most likely because they both apply to the indicated song and there's not room to display both. I wouldn't worry about it, as it's not going to happen often. It's not a bug.

9. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with you there GGJstudios. I can't think of a situation where iTunes would try to display both those icons at once. The appearance glitch the OP is experiencing is definitely abnormal.
    My guess is that modifying the resources file is exactly what caused this bug. Change it back to stock configuration and I'd bet this problem goes away.

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You put a CD into the optical drive and iTunes completes converting a song, so the green check mark appears. You then play that song and the volume icon appears, indicating it's the currently playing song. Both icons apply in that scenario.

11. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Does this happen for all songs?

If so, our situations are still similar. For my mod, I too had a different "resources" file, and as another user suggested, i believe this is the issue. A (likely) definite fix would be reverting back to the original, or you could try what I did and revert back to the original, then re-install the new resources file.

Good luck! It is a rather annoying problem.

12. petrucci666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, it's in my library so all songs are like this.

I can't think of maybe 3 CDs that I imported since I started using iTunes altogether and this was way back when. It's probably something I picked up while messing with the iTunes resources.

13. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I'm sure it is. Give what I recommended a try. I had the same issue and it worked for me, so I would think that it's worth a shot for you.

14. Sirobin macrumors 6502

Sirobin

I modified the resource file too, and had the exact same thing happen. No way to fix it that I know of, besides restoring the original file.