Anyone else have this problem? Bent mbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fongyuen, Sep 12, 2008.

1. fongyuen macrumors 6502

i just noticed today that the front right side of my SR mbp is curved downwards. i have no idea how in the world this happened, does anyone else have this problem? is this something that applecare would take care of? there are no other signs of physical damage on front, top, bottom, or side. very strange...

Note: i placed it on game case to highlight the problem, i don't usually use my mbp like this.

[​IMG]

2. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

I've seen bends, but that's pretty intense!

I don't think I've seen one that's that bent.

3. bertpalmer macrumors 6502

Wow - that is bent - are you sure it's not a fisheye effect from the camera? :confused:

4. fongyuen thread starter macrumors 6502

haha, yeah, unfortunately it's not the camera. i'm really not sure how it got like that.

5. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Dude, if it doesn't affect your computer in ways other than esthetics then I strongly recommend not worrying about it. If it does affect things then take it in if its under warranty. You have AppleCare?

The reason I say this is there's been horror stories of people getting picky over bends & stuff....returning their comp for a replacement & basically opening Pandora's Box....wishing they had just lived w/ their original. Food for thought.

6. MrZebra macrumors regular

Yes but those reports were for the bent lid, this is something else!
    I've never seen the bottom bent like that...
    Plus I'd stick to the principle that if you pay 2 grands for a machine it has to be near perfect, at least assembly-wise.
    If people never reports problems nothing will ever be solved.

7. fongyuen thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah, definitely something to think about, cause other than this, it's a great machine. but yeah, it's a pretty exp machine and the curvature on this is pretty severe...yes, i did purchase applecare thankfully so i should get it checked out.

but now i'm wondering if i should wait till the new mbp's come out before i take it in? :p