Anyone else have this problem? My phone just turns off - needs hardreset daily

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iPhone envy, Oct 6, 2009.

1. iPhone envy macrumors member

I'm not sure, but perhaps since 3.1 my phone almost daily tuns off (even with full battery) and won't come on unless I hold down the two buttons for a resart. Which means I miss calls and texts when it's off. I can't pinpoint any specific trigger that causes the blackouts.

When I turn the phone back on, the phone is fine for the rest of the day and the battery power is normal.

Anyone else getting this?

2. P Mentior macrumors regular

The same thing has started to happen to me recently. Every once in a while I will go to check my phone and all I get is a black screen until I force a reset. If this keeps up I'll just send it in under applecare and have them deal with it.

3. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Here's 23 pages of people experiencing the same exact thing.

4. justwill macrumors newbie

I had a new 8gb 3G for 4 months and it started having the same issue, along with wifi not detecting or connecting even after resetting network settings and restoring. Apple replaced it last week. The new one today started not coming on when pressing the home button just like the last one. I think it may be a 3.1 issue?

5. iPhone envy thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I ran a forum search but didn't see that one

Looks like there are enough other people that this might result in some kind of update / bug fix - I would hope.

Sadly, I am beyond my Applecare coverage if it turns out to be a hardware thing.

6. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

There's 140 pages on the Apple Support site. :eek:

Don't forget to send a bug report to Apple.

7. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

This.

8. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Thank you! I keep hearing people talk about the page on the Apple Forums but I could never find it ( or I just never put the effort into it ).

9. iPhone envy thread starter macrumors member

Summary?

Before I read 140 + 23 pages of forums. Anyone come up with work-arounds yet?

10. iPhone envy thread starter macrumors member

Done and done

I left a long detailed message on the Apple site. Nice to do that and get the "we can't respond to you personally" "FU" response afterwards.

This is super frustrating. I missed a key call last night and a text.

11. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

This MacRumors member thinks they have come up with a fix. If "Coma Mode" is causing you big problems it might be worth a try.

I've only had one freeze in the 2 weeks since I turned off Fraud Warning in Settings / Safari, so it might be worth giving that a go first.