Anyone else have this problem with Facebook app?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iLoveiPhone3GS, Jul 17, 2009.

1. iLoveiPhone3GS macrumors member

Hey all, I'm sure some of you have the Facebook app and I'm wandering if you've got the same problem. When I go to upload a picture in the app (from my camera roll, not the camera) the whole app itself is shifted up, not letting me tag friends in pictures or see the whole picture itself. Below is an example.

Ive tried reinstalling the app several times to no avail. Happen to anyone else?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Artofilm macrumors 6502a

Artofilm

Can't say I've ever had this happen to me, but it's not a surprise.
    The developers for the Facebook app are really lazy, there are so many glitches and upgrades that could be done to the app that haven't been done.

You might want to consider switching to the mobile facebook and creating a link from your homepage.

3. lavinci macrumors 6502

4. gethyphyyo macrumors regular

is that a Filipino bakery?

5. newyorksole macrumors 68030

I don't have that problem but for me facebook won't finish loading pictures and won't load some people's albums where there are pictures tagged of that person. And deleting messages is weird too.

I'm not feeling the app right now...

6. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

Yeah I've had that happen to me.

Another bug I'm getting is that on someone's profile, if you click on their picture to look through them, it doesn't load up. It just shows you a blurry rendition of it and doesn't let you flip through their other pictures.

7. iLoveiPhone3GS thread starter macrumors member

Hey guys thanks for the replies. I too have experienced every other bug listed here (that half rendering of the profile pics is super annoying) Not sure if I'll try a full restore based on how widespread the problems are. The devs at FB definitely need to get their stuff together.

+1 for switching to FB mobile, by far 10x better than the app (atleast this version)

Oh and to gethyphy, this pic was taken at a local Dim Sum shop. I love their fresh baked pork/chicken buns (boughs* sp?) They're the only people in Sacramento who make 'em fresh every morning.

Hopefully the next update will fix it all. Heres hoping for push too!

8. mrbrightside623 macrumors regular

I read somewhere in one of the threads saying FB 3.0 will be out soon which fixes those issues.... also FB 3.1 with push suppose to come out later this summer as stated on the Owner's FB page.

-Tony

9. jrock2004 macrumors 6502

The issues I see are some posts are old but are stating there new. I see duplicate status updates.

10. MaxxTraxx macrumors 6502

The sad thing is, the App really sucks but it doesn't seem as if we will get any updates.

The only thing I use it for is to go through status updates and check photos.

11. salesguy macrumors regular

QFT.

I would really like that the things I hide on FB would transfer over the to app, but that is just wishful thinking.

12. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

they're working on a redesign and update due late summer, but its taking them too long :/ the picture problem came out of no where for me. If you click on someones pro pic, it will be blurry, and half the albums won't load.

Sucks.

13. ogdogg macrumors 6502

I've had mine shift down. Never up.

14. matttye macrumors 601

I guess you haven't seen the list of upgrades for facebook 3.0..

15. salesguy macrumors regular

I still don't see anything about the "hide" feature. :confused:

16. MacBOS macrumors 6502

MacBOS

The app is missing tuns of stuff and has allot of glitches.

How many of you go in the app looking for an event and then end up going to safari to look it up cause the app wont generate de event? and how about wen someone is adding you and you go throw there pics but it only generates the profile pic and wen you visit the person in safari you cud see all there albums?

there is so much more that this app has going against itself that I don't even feel like writing this down, honestly they shod just start from scratch and make the app more user friendly and fix the dam bugs on it. Rite now to me the facebook app is more like a twitter app (post, mail, profile view and photo with a hint of bugs on the side)

17. MacBOS macrumors 6502

MacBOS

I forgot to mention that i cant read the mail in the app, i can see them but once i tap one new message all i get is a space fore me to rite in but not the message. How useless is that!:mad: