Anyone else have this problem..

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by g0twylo, Jan 26, 2010.

1. g0twylo macrumors newbie

I'm having this problem and it doesn't make much sense to me. Whenever I am on Facebook/using Facebook chat on my UMB (Firefox) it goes insanely slow, and beachballs constantly. I have upgraded my memory to 4GB, and am running SL. It never beachballs at any other time AT ALL unless I am on Facebook/using Facebook chat. It pretty much freezes the whole computer, I type something in the chat window and it will freeze, start typing one letter at a time extremely slowly, freeze again, then finish it off. It is then fine for about 5 seconds and starts it all over again. It's very frustrating because I basically can't go on FB on my computer. Anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

I've never had that problem with Facebook/FB-chat. What version of Firefox are you running (3.6 is the newest, I didn't have this issue with 3.5 either)? Do you have any extensions running that may be causing this issue?

3. KielderWolf macrumors regular

KielderWolf

Does it do the same under Safari? If not, it may be an extension conflict, if so then you may need to reinstall Flash and Java (or update if needs be)