Anyone else have this problem?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by flabombero, Jul 12, 2010.

1. flabombero macrumors member

I've owned a 3g and a 3gs... now a iPhone 4, and i've noticed that i'm mistyping more then usual. Also, in text message if I hit message it always scrolls to the top of the message. Making where I have to hit the button twice to go back to all my messages. Its like the keys arn't aligned right. I've tried restore and still having the same problems.

2. OnNightfall macrumors regular

Dude, you are so right about this! I used to never make mistakes on my 3G. I seem to make more mistakes, press enter when I did not mean too and scroll all the way to the top when I did not mean too. I thought it was me and I wondered about this. Weird.

3. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Isn't the scrolling all the way to the top a new feature? If you touch the top bar near the time it scrolls you to the top. As far as the spelling errors, I've noticed it as well

4. insidmal macrumors 6502

insidmal

your mispelling is likely muscle memory since the phone is shaped different you are holding it different so your movement is a little off, and yea, if you tap that top bar where the carrier info and time and stuff is, it scrolls to the top

5. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

6. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

Yeah same here....I just thought my typing was messed up because I was using a flip phone till the iP4 arrived.

It never used to happen on my 3G at all, but now (same as you) when I click the messages button it always scrolls to the top.

Disclaimer: the "tapping on top bar to scroll to top" has been a feature for as long as I can remember. I've always used it, it def comes handy a lot. Before the iPhone 4 I would never "accidently" hit the top bar but always "intentionally" do it.

I've also noticed my typos have gone way up.

It may just be software, or just give it a few more weeks for your fingers to adjust to the new shape of the iPhone....I guess?

7. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

This.

I play drums, if I re arrange my kit even slightly I'm a mess for 2 weeks. The phone is shaped differently, you hold it differently and the screen is different. Your hands know this.

8. corriewf macrumors 6502a

Same problem here. Thought it was due to me getting used to the iPad. I am constantly messing up. I can barely type on it anymore.

9. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

that makes sense

10. bushbaby macrumors 6502

bushbaby

+1 Thanks for posting this.