All iPads Anyone else have this UI bug?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by XTheLancerX, Feb 2, 2015.

1. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

It's very annoying to see. Happens all the time when closing Safari with pinch gesture in landscape but not in portrait. Also, excuse the quality of the photo. I can't take screenshots while in the midst of a multitasking gesture.

Attached Files:

2. 960design macrumors 68020

The ghosting? Never seen it or heard of it before. Wonder if it is just a mini issue as I've pinched several thousand times with no ghosting on iPad Air and Air2's.

3. XTheLancerX thread starter macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

What exactly do you mean by ghosting? I'm talking about how the right third of the background is not blurred at all like how it should be.

4. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

Seems like a small software bug, it hasn't happened to me (I have an iPad Mini 2), but I have seen some weird issues in Safari similar to it.

I think the issue comes from Apple incorrectly using their own private APIs, or the APIs lack of polish since private ones are often not as robust their public counterparts. Normal developers do not have access to the wallpaper of a users device, which prevents them from doing something similar to the "See the blurred wallpaper under the app" that you see when an active browser window isn't selected in Safari.

The sheer lack of focus from a community of active developers can encourage issues like this to persist since it can be incredibly edge-case and internally there weren't enough instances for someone to notice or report it.

5. XTheLancerX thread starter macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Do you think a "Reset all Settings" might clear something up and fix it? It's very annoying. I'm having all sorts of issues on my iPad mini 2 with any of Apples apps that involves the wallpaper being blurred behind the app. They all behave like this, and iBooks is even worse. It has to do with the light or dark colored blurred "bookshelf" UI. There's the base blurred wallpaper behind it, then it is covered with another, more blurred layer that is either light or dark depending on the ambient light. It's very poorly done and it causes lag and glitching when closing the app with multitasking gestures. Sorry if that's confusing but it's incredibly hard to explain Apples mishap and messy way of doing things lately.

6. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

Afraid I can't say :confused:

Potentially it could change the set of conditions that are causing that bug, but potentially it could be a waste of time.

If anything, I'd suggest completely restoring your device, sometimes that can help hinder those crappy edge-case bugs. Otherwise, it may be something that will have to wait until Apple clears it up.

7. MartinAppleGuy macrumors 68020

MartinAppleGuy

That is an iOS 8 bug that if you have an app like Safari open in landscape and slowly four finger scrunch, there will be part of the right side of the screen not darkened. I have it on my Air 2, and I've seen it on every mini 2 and Air 1 I have used as well.

8. skinned66 macrumors 65816

skinned66

Wow. No, definitely have never seen anything like that before.

9. newellj macrumors 601

I cannot replicate that on either my Air or my rMini.

10. XTheLancerX thread starter macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

You must close safari using the multitasking gesture. And it must be landscape. I have no idea why it seems like some people are affected and others aren't, I think MartinAppleGuy has it right, everyone's affected but some people must not be doing something right? Not sure.

[Edit] Actually, lately I haven't had this exact issue, but the blurring is still messed up when you start closing the Safari with the pinch to close gesture. The blurred background actually flips. I have the aurora wallpaper set right now, with the green northern lights at the bottom. When I start to close, the green switches to the left rather than the bottom. Strange.