Anyone else have to have to buy a more expensive model?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by blurb23, Mar 12, 2011.

1. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

I went into my Target ready and amped to buy a 16GB wifi, only to find out that their shipment was a grand total of 5 32GB wifis. Knowing that literally everywhere else within a reasonable driving distance was sold out, I had to pony up an extra $100.

Anyone else have a similar situation? Do you regret your decision of getting a higher model? Or not getting it?

2. zenio macrumors 6502

That's what I've always enjoyed about AT&T, selection was great yesterday and they had them till closing even though the store was selling them so fast. They installed extra registers to accommodate customers & speed up checkout.
    Where I live we have all the cellular carriers plus an Apple store in a two mile radius. That helps as well.

Total time including the wait was just under an hour. Not bad at all.

3. MikieMcBikie macrumors regular

I got hardcore lucky today. I wandered into my local BestBuy and walked out with one of their only two remaining 16 Gig wifi blacks. They had nothing else in stock and the guy looked kinda sad that I couldn't get anything better. Jokes on him tho i wanted a 16 Gig wifi in black :) I guess I am glad of their efforts to up sale everyone yesterday.

4. chochoo macrumors newbie

same here. had to buy a 32gb black one. i wanted to get 16gb white ipad 2. if there are more shipments later on, i might return this 32gb and get the white one.