Anyone else have Wifi problems after jailbreaking?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by HXGuy, May 5, 2010.

1. HXGuy macrumors 68000

I jailbroke my iPad as soon as the jailbreak was out so I only had the iPad a day or so...maybe the problem was there even without the jailbreak but it hadn't happened yet.

It shows Im still connected but it won't bring up the internet on any app. I have to toggle the wifi off and then on to get it to work again.

Anyone else seeing this?

2. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

hasnt happened to me at all. Only wifi issues I had was when I first got it and switched my home router from wep to wpa fixed it. I've had zero wifi issues since jailbreaking.

3. ciaran00 macrumors 6502

Not a jailbreak issue. Check your router + modem, and make sure everything else in your infrastructure is working.

You can also "reset" all network settings (only the network settings) from your settings app in iPad.

4. HXGuy thread starter macrumors 68000

Router and modem are good, there is another oaf in the household and it has no issues keeping it's connection.

5. FastangV6 macrumors regular

FastangV6

I am seeing the same or a similar issue with my iPad wifi. There are three random scenarios that I am experiencing related to wifi after the jailbreak and each appears to happen at random after a reboot or respring:

1) works like normal
    2) wifi works perfectly, but the logo is absent from the status bar
    3) wifi does not work until it is toggled off and then on again in settings

I was not seeing this issue pre-JB, but I recall seeing a tweet from geohot shortly after he JB his iPad wifi stating that he was seeing wifi issues, similar to what you described and that it was an Apple bug that has a chance of affecting you whether or not your are JB.

EDIT: Looks like Apple has acknowledged the problem and will address it in a future software update for the iPad.
    http://www.macrumors.com/2010/05/11/ipad-wi-fi-issues-to-be-addressed-in-software-update/