Anyone else have Yahoo Mail issues today?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kwyn, Oct 18, 2011.

1. kwyn macrumors regular

Is it just me but my phone doesn't want to get my
    Yahoo mail and it keeps saying connecting... Never finishes updating though.

Gets my exchange mail fine.

Anyone else??

Please feel free to say "no mine is working fine"

Cause that helps me trouble shoot too. Btw. Im
    Philly area

2. 2009amethyst macrumors newbie

email

I have the same or similar problem. I just updated my phone and now my email doesnt seem to go to my phone. The last email it shows I have is from august which is not true. I have to go to the website to check my email.

3. Paliv, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011

Paliv macrumors newbie

Same problem

I seem to be having the exact same problem. My iPhone 4 syncs the 2 gmail accounts I have on there fine. But, the old yahoo mail account I have just sits and spins. Sometimes, if it sits long enough, it might finally get a message today (10/19), but yesterday (10/18) it would just sit there forever and not retrieve any new messages. It worked fine last night over wifi, but it did not work over wifi this morning. I know yahoo was having trouble with attachments yesterday, I'm wondering if the problem is more widespread than just attachments. Like their servers aren't talking to mobile devices propperly. I just got iOS 5 last friday and it worked fine with yahoo for the first 3 days, so I don't think it's the new OS. I tried deleting the account, setting it up as an imap account instead of the yahoo! setup in the mail setting, and resetting the phone. None of this seemed to fix the issue. I deleted it again and set it back up through the mail settings as a yahoo! account. Still having trouble this morning. It randomly got my latest mail and made all the contents an attachment.

4. kwyn thread starter macrumors regular

Exactly. Good to hear. It's probably just yahoo. I assume they'll sort it out. At least last night and today it'll eventually d/l the email although it takes 4ever rather than when it was just spinning.

5. film major macrumors member

Last night my mail stopped pushing so I just deleted my account and added it again. When I did that it won't load my e-mail at all now.

6. Paliv macrumors newbie

Started working.

Mine started to sync again over 3G this afternoon, but I won't be at ease till it works for a day or two. Since Yahoo was having trouble all day yesterday and last night I'm guessing it was their servers.

7. TonyC28, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011

TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

My Yahoo mail is receiving fine but every third email or so won't send. It just spins and spins but nothing happens. Occasionally if I let it keep going it goes away but the next day I get one of those "mailer daemon" responses, even though it's definitely going to a good email address. This was going on before iOS 5 too.

8. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

9. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Do you guys also have iCloud installed? Does it use a email address? If so make sure your "default account" isn't set wrong. I had iCloud and was having same sorta problems just ended up deleting iCloud altogether. Been working since yesterday.:confused:

10. film major macrumors member

I am still having problems with push and yahoo. Anyone else?

11. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

I deleted my iCloud account and I'm still having trouble with my Yahoo email. I can deal with an email not getting pushed as I can manually go in and get it. What I really don't like though is sending an email, hearing the "swoosh" sound and all, and the other person not getting it. That could be a problem.

12. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

I'd have to say now I classify Yahoo! email as unreliable and it's getting close to being unusable.