Anyone else having a similiar problem...?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tangledweb16, Apr 23, 2008.

1. tangledweb16 macrumors regular

tangledweb16

OK, so I've had my iPod touch for about three weeks, and it's still in mint condition, so my problem I'd definetly not a user-caused error. My touch has been freezing up while surfing the web and listening to music at the same time. Now this has happened three times, and that may not sound like much, but each time it completely stops, and I have to do a manual reset. This wouldn't be that big of a problem, except it takes over a minute until the Apple logo pops up.

This never happened with my iPhone, and I'm usually pretty patient with things like this, bit it's getting really agravating. Do you think that I should call Apple? Will they give me a replacement? Thanks for any input.

2. sgtboy macrumors 6502

Do you have the 1.1.4 firmware installed? Try a restore before you give apple a call, and if it's still acting up, don't hesitate to call and get a replacement. If it is not working properly and within warranty they will almost guaranteed replace it

3. tangledweb16 thread starter macrumors regular

tangledweb16

Yeah, I have the new firmware installed. I haven't tried a restore... I think I'll try that. Thanks.

4. swano macrumors member

I had the same problem when I was using the maps. One thing I wasn't doing was shutting down the IPT completly when I wasn't using it. I didn't realize when you hold down the power button on top for a few seconds you get the option to shut it down totally. I should read the manual! Anyways... I've had no problems since I started using that instead of the 'sleep' option.