iPhone XS Max Anyone else having apps crash on iPhone XS Max?

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 18, 2009
I've had the mail app crash 10 times so far in ownership, while searching for a term. I think one or two other apps have frozen as well, where pressing the sleep button does nothing and screen is frozen.

Do you think the phone is defective, or I just need a reset or something? The FaceID on this phone is consistently slower on this phone as well compared to another one in the family. It's not slow, but just not as fast on the other (which is lightning fast). Even after a rescan or two.

stevefo

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2013
I've had the mail app crash 10 times so far in ownership, while searching for a term. I think one or two other apps have frozen as well, where pressing the sleep button does nothing and screen is frozen.

Do you think the phone is defective, or I just need a reset or something? The FaceID on this phone is consistently slower on this phone as well compared to another one in the family. It's not slow, but just not as fast on the other (which is lightning fast). Even after a rescan or two.

I’ve had several apps crash on my XS. Weird. It’s fine most the time, then every once in awhile several apps crash as if my phone reboots

Wyckham

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2017
Facetime got stuck ending a call within my first 24 hours with the max. Had to wipe the phone from iCloud on my computer as it was unresponsive and Apple had advised me to wait for the battery to run out. Battery was at 80% so would have taken a week maybe lol

Reactions: NovemberWhiskey

Vermifuge

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2009

Ugh, yeah Sling TV is crashing. Running iOS 12 on my other devices and Sling TV runs fine. Only my Max seems to have an issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.