iPhone XS Max Anyone else having apps crash on iPhone XS Max?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NovemberWhiskey, Oct 5, 2018.

1. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68040

NovemberWhiskey

I've had the mail app crash 10 times so far in ownership, while searching for a term. I think one or two other apps have frozen as well, where pressing the sleep button does nothing and screen is frozen.

Do you think the phone is defective, or I just need a reset or something? The FaceID on this phone is consistently slower on this phone as well compared to another one in the family. It's not slow, but just not as fast on the other (which is lightning fast). Even after a rescan or two.

2. stevefo macrumors regular

stevefo

I’ve had several apps crash on my XS. Weird. It’s fine most the time, then every once in awhile several apps crash as if my phone reboots

3. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Speedtest will crash on open every once in a while. Outside of that, no other noticeable problems.

4. Wyckham macrumors regular

Facetime got stuck ending a call within my first 24 hours with the max. Had to wipe the phone from iCloud on my computer as it was unresponsive and Apple had advised me to wait for the battery to run out. Battery was at 80% so would have taken a week maybe lol

5. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

6. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

The weather channel crashed at some point last week. I just chalked it up to developers needing to update apps since it only happens once.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I have a couple of apps that do not like iOS12 and need to be updated but it did not crash my MAX.

8. Vermifuge macrumors 68000

Vermifuge

Ugh, yeah Sling TV is crashing. Running iOS 12 on my other devices and Sling TV runs fine. Only my Max seems to have an issue.