anyone else having battery issues "all of the sudden"?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pherplexed, Sep 8, 2008.

1. pherplexed macrumors member

And I'm not talking about "wah! my 3G battery isn't as good as my old one even though I'm using more stuff, wah!" NO, I mean...is anyone having battery issues all of the sudden in the past few days?

I've had the 3G for a month now, and I was ok with the diminished battery life, b/c it could at least last me all day. Now, for some reason, just after 3 hours of idle time (with 3G off, mind you) and 20 minutes of usage, my battery is down to almost 20%. I can post a screenshot of the usage since last full charge. Thinking I was just being paranoid, I asked my buddy if he was having any issues and he said he noticed for the first time within a week or so, that his battery was draining much more quickly than before. Same deal...no wifi or 3G. Just push (mobileme, not exchange) and location services still on.

Are we just unlucky or is anyone else having 'all of the sudden' battery issues? Something haywire with the push server maybe??

:( I miss my original iPhone.

2. pavvento macrumors 6502

It's funny that you posted this because I was thinking the exact same thing. I leave 3g off, WiFi on and location services off and get through a full day with about half battery left at the end of it. Lately I've been having a quarter battery left by dinner time. My MobileMe mail used to push flawlessly, now everytime I open the mail app it downloads new mail, as if it's on manual mode.

3. blisters macrumors member

yes. since installing 2.0.2, battery performance has been PATHETIC.

4. pavvento macrumors 6502

I was doing fine with 2.0.2 it's just the past couple of days that have been rough for some reason.

5. greekpaz22 macrumors regular

I've been having the same problem...I usually got to the end of the day with half battery left and then magically, now I only have a quarter. No 3g, no wifi and about the same usage..im not much of a complainer but i dont know what the problem is...im really hoping that 2.1 comes out tomorrow and resolves some of these issues...

6. milani macrumors 68000

milani

I wonder if it's because everyone's battery cycle is getting into the 80% range, as typically happens with lithium ion batteries after some amount of time. I've started to notice that I get less battery life as well.

7. greekpaz22 macrumors regular

Yeah but I don't think that the battery cycle has dropped into the 80% range..it's only been one month for me and the problem has really started up in just the past few days... :(

Just hoping that 2.1 might help with some of the battery usage, power management and all that jazz..