Anyone else having Battery Weirdness?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by iDriveX, Jun 14, 2013.

1. iDriveX macrumors member

OK at first I thought it was all the animations and those slick floating bubble backgrounds as I watched my battery drain about 20% per hour. Even after plugging it in, it still drains at about 10% per hour. Until it finally just turns off. Even as its plugged in and I'm doing nothing. I finally bit the bullet and turned off the animations and the background but it had no effect.

Then, once it restarts itself, it shows itself having 5% battery life. As long as I keep it plugged in, it charges normally up to 100%. Even while stuff is going on!

So to recap, the second I take it off the charger, it just drains until it's dead (even if I charge it), and if I keep it charging, it'll charge all the way up to 100% again even if I'm putting it through it's paces.

So because it's capable of charging it, this has got to be an actual bug, not just because of the crazy animations....Anyone else experience this interesting behavior?

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

3. snerkler macrumors 6502a

My battery life appears fairly normal. I get a full days use out of it.

4. rmeadejr macrumors 6502a

rmeadejr

same here

5. iDriveX thread starter macrumors member

FOR REAL?!? WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME?!?!?!?!?

Knock it off and start a thread called "This is a beta" and talk to people there.

----------

Must just be me then.....Weird. Here's to Beta 2!

6. cschmelz macrumors 6502

I am seeing some fits and starts in battery levels that are odd, almost like the OS is still learning what is full and what is empty however it appears to be improving with time. Total battery life is perhaps 20% less than iOS 6.1.3 which isn't bad for beta 1.

7. iDriveX thread starter macrumors member

Found the issue. Dolphin Web Browser. It's doing something in the background that's just draining the battery life. Use the dolphin web browser once and you're iPhones battery will be gone in 4 hours even if it's just sitting there in standby.

8. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

Well, it's a Developer Beta. Battery life should be of no concern to you right now since you're just a developer testing your apps functionality in iOS 7, correct?

9. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I'm almost two hours too late. Yes, it is typically an "app gone wild" that causes the battery issues folks report here. Installing a system monitoring app allows you to identify the runaway process and kill it dead. And typically caused by restoring apps / data back onto the phone instead of installing from scratch.

10. Aylan macrumors regular

Aylan

I am unsure as to why all the negativity towards people that install the beta and have no idea how to troubleshoot/manage their device. Clearly they are just as curious as the rest of us in seeing how "amazing" iOS 7 is. I would go as far as suggesting that ignoring such questions is the best way to go.

iOS 7 has battery issues; it is beta and it behaves as much. I am suspecting specific apps may be culprits. They are not playing nice with iOS 7.