Anyone else having consistent iPhone 5 issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hausjam, Jan 20, 2013.

1. hausjam macrumors member

I got my iphone 5 in late october. About an hour after unboxing it, I was treated to the erratic touchscreen. So I called ATT and they sent me out a new one.

About a week or so ago, I got a camera spot (chip on the lens). So I went to the apple store, and they swapped me a new one (refurbished) no questions asked.

Yesterday, I was using it and the touchscreen was occasionally freezing up. Today, it's more like the touchscreen occasionally responds. so I am going to have to take this one back now.

This just seems utterly ridiculous to me. Anyone else have an experience like this?

2. laudern macrumors 6502a

Why would you get a refurbished iPhone and not a new one when you went in to apple the first time?

3. wxman2003 Suspended

They give you refurbs now. And it was his second iphone, and also 3 months into ownership. Past the 30 day full refund policy.

4. laudern macrumors 6502a

oh really...So if I were to take a 5 month old iphone in and need it replaced I would receive a new phone, if it was my first trade in, but if it was my 2nd trade in, receive a refurbished phone???

5. maxosx macrumors 68020

The policy has not changed. Replacements are all returns, which look & perform just like new. Apple does a great job on them. The only way to get a new phone is if you're within the return period. Execute a return for a refund. Once you get your money back, usually about ten days, you start over and buy a new one.

If you doubt this, read Apple's policy. It's clearly spelled out.

6. hausjam thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I am thinking they could have done a better job on the one they gave me.