Anyone else having iOS 8.02 and Phone app issues?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by pdutta2000, Oct 10, 2014.

1. pdutta2000 macrumors regular

Jun 4, 2008
    I've experienced more issues in the week that I've had my iphone 6 than I have in all prior years of owning an iphone. Here's the issues I'm having:

1. Siri won't make a phone call. I can get the name and choose the number but when it comes time to actually making the call I just get taken back to the home screen.

2. In the middle of a call I get the Apple logo screen but the call is still connected. Looks like a restart but isn't.

3. If I'm on speakerphone and lay the phone on a table it will constantly put itself on mute. I'll be talking and all of a sudden the phone mutes itself.

Weird thing is that every other app works fine. Only the Phone app. Before I do a full restore just want to see if these are known issues. Thanks
  2. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

Jul 16, 2008

I've definitely had issue #2 where I get the Apple logo while on a call. Running 8.0.2 after a DFU restore and setting up as a new phone. This has happened to me at least twice that I've noticed.

My cellular signal (AT&T) seems to drop out a lot as well. It will occasionally flash to "No Service" for a moment and then bounce back up to 3-4 bars which is what I usually have in my house. This happens on both mine and my wife's iP6's. So I'm thinking it might be software related.