Anyone Else Having iPad2 Smart Cover Problems?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by DTMEDIC, Aug 10, 2011.

1. DTMEDIC macrumors newbie

I have had my iPad 2 and smart cover for about 30 days now. I am disappointed in the smart cover as it no longer seems to hold the cover securely when closed. I have actually had the cover slip off when removing from my tote bag, slip off when holding as a reader...each time caused the iPad to fall...thankfully NOT onto a surface that caused it to break. Last night I took it to a meeting, and noticed that it was not always turning the iPad off when cover was closed without realigning/ giving it a gentle push. Needless to say I am purchasing a diffent cover...but was wondering if anyone has noticed this problem over time.

2. LaurieAnn macrumors regular

LaurieAnn

I've had my Apple Smart cover for about 6 weeks. Recently the cover detached unexpectedly. The iPad then fell to the floor in my carpeted living room. It almost hit the end table leg on its way down. It scared me. I then bought a more protective case for piece of mind. I wasted $40 on the Smart Cover and another $30 for the Belkin snap on back cover. Talk about "Buyers Remorse". So yes....... the magnets are losing strength. At least on mine.

3. glen e macrumors 68030

one poly and one leather here from practically day 1 of intro - one used every day for last two months - no magnet problems whatsoever...

take it back, they'll replace it...

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

It's a little less strong, but nothing Troublesome yet. Had since day one.

5. jcmeyer5 macrumors 6502

6. reputationZed macrumors 65816

Black smart cover. The magnets have lost a bit of their strength but what is most disappointing is the the leather is beginning to separate from the microfiber backing.

7. sexytabitha macrumors regular

i sold mine love the commercials but when you spend $75 and get it home its not that smart anymore and you feel dumb. But Apple was smart they made a killing off something that does nothing. Buy a full case "Now thats Smart":p

8. MacBpro macrumors member

I had the same problem few weeks ago on my trip to UK. thanks God, my cost was covered by AMEX. I used the Belkin snap case before, but the detachment issue still exist. I finally got the zum sc ultimate to solve this issue. I never heard about this brand but my UK colleague was using it. It has a Smart cover lock to secure the iPad 2 body with the Smart cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibT5CEvKoHM

I have been using it for more than a week, and I love it. Good quality case, and it also protects the top and bottom of the iPad 2 from scratch.

Hope it helps!!

9. ninerfan macrumors regular

Thanks MacBpro. The Zum is exactly what I was looking for. I love my smart cover but after 2 months, it too is losing magnet strength and have had it come off a couple of times, fortunately only while on my lap. I have ordered the Zum and hope it solves the problem.