Anyone else having iPhone 4 problems?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by old-school, Jun 26, 2010.

1. old-school macrumors 6502

I got my phone on launch day (24th at about 12.00). I set it up etc. Very pleased.

I let the phone drain to no power last night, and put in on charge this afternoon. Once it began charging, it first decided that it was 1st January 1970 or 1980. Trying to change the time, I realised that it was set automatically? I set it manually, and after a short time, the automatic setting is now displaying the correct time.

The main problem though is that any 3rd party apps (that don't come pre-installed) crash immediately when they are opened. This means I can't use any apps whatsoever apart from the ones that came with the phone. Very odd. Reset did nothing, will call Apple support now.

Anyone having any issues like this or others?

OS

2. old-school thread starter macrumors 6502

Seems it was an authentication issue. Syncing to iTunes fixed it straight away.

3. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

I'm pretty sure it isn't good to let lithium ion batteries drain completely. That use to be good for breaking in nicad batteries. Li ion should be charged close to max regularly, right?

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You can drain them as long as you don’t do it frequently.

5. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

Well sure but it sounds like the op drained his battery to train it, which isn't necessary for li ion batteries

6. lathode macrumors member

Only issue i'm having is that my folders don't open smoothly like they do on my wife's 3GS, it stutters a little. Not a big deal, but noticeable to me.

7. old-school thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah right, thanks for the tip.

8. lathode macrumors member

From Apple:

May not be necessary, but might be good to do for best performance.

9. Teslatroll macrumors newbie

I realise this post is rather out-dated, but I have an issue nonetheless.

I recieved my iPhone 4 two days ago, and so far I've been rather pleased. It is my first iPhone, and my 3rd Apple product (iPod - iPod Touch - IPhone).

However, today I ran into an issue which seems apple related, and it was quite a hassle.

My iPhone 4 suddenly turned off, and reset the date and time to 1/1/1970 01:00 AM.

This occured while I was in the gym, and it was lying in a locked cabinet. I googled it, and apparently this has happened with MacBooks and the iPhone 3GS.

I fixed it by syncing up itunes, but 10 minutes later it repeated it. Then I attempted to do it again, but the phone refused to turn on while connected to the PC. I would turn on when connected to the charger, but when I tried to switch it back to the PC, it immediatly turned off. After some hassle, I managed to completely wipe out the iPHone, and now i'm re-syncing everything from a copy on my PC.

Has this happened to anyone before?

I'm european btw.

10. Teslatroll macrumors newbie

Allright, so I just re-made it from the security copy. The moment I slide to unlock it, it turns off again. Same issue.

Now, I'll try to set it up as a new phone..

11. Teslatroll macrumors newbie

Allright then. I spend most of last night, and this morning, on trying to fix this. I wound up having my iPhone turn off everytime I disconnected it from the charger, and refusing to turn on when connected to the iPhone. It would show me the apple logo for 3 seconds, then go black screen again.

I connected it to another PC - without iTunes - and it did the same. After I disconnected it though, it turned on and stayed on - and then I managed to connect it to iTunes on my own PC.

Do I have a battery issue or what?

12. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

It took far too many hours and five exchanges of five defective phones (confirmed by the genius bar) before I finally got an iPhone 4 that works . Now its really sweet, iPhone #6 , performs very well. I'm enjoying this one.

13. Teslatroll macrumors newbie

I just sent mine in today, hoping to recieve a new one soon. It ended up not being able to turn on at all.