Anyone else having issues with 6+ in landscape?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacinJosh, Dec 10, 2014.

1. MacinJosh macrumors 6502a

My life is being tormented by the buggy landscape mode of this iPhone 6+. Sometimes when opening the Mail app in landscape orientation, the left column, which I have set to have narrowest rows, shows up really thick with only one line of text. I have to rotate the phone to portrait orientation and then back again to landscape to fix it.

The WORST problem by far is Safari. Pretty much every time opening Safari and doing a Google search, the resulting page is totally unresponsive to any touch. Only an extreme zoom gesture or rotating to portrait and back to landscape allows me to tap a link. In fact, the bug report site, where I submitted this problem, was unresponsive as well until I did the rotating fix. Ironic.

Anyone else having these issues or do I need to erase and reset the phone?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Landscape is an issue with the IP6+, so erase and resetting won't help you. I don't really use my IP6+ in landscape so it has little impact on me, but I see posts here that it does for others.

3. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

The latest iOS update corrected the inability to open links in Safari when using landscape mode.
    My 6+ is still buggy as hell though, with app crashes ALL the time.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

My only real big problem is that even if I hold my 6+ in portrait when I unlock it, it will start in landscape, and I'll have to tilt it landscape and back to portrait to get it in the right orientation.

5. MacinJosh thread starter macrumors 6502a

For me 8.1.2 didn't fix anything. Try force-close Safari, open it and the link bug is still there.

With all these bugs and the lazy developers (Facebook, Netflix etc) not utilizing the potential of this phone, I'm seriously starting to dislike this phone very much.

6. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

My only bug has been Safari. So far no problem on mail. Safari will quit on occasional typically in landscape mode.

One thing that helped (but did not eliminate) the crashes was to clear the history and cache, and then set cookies to "Allow from Current Website Only." Not a 100% fix, but greatly reduced the number of crashes when going to landscape.

(FWIW, all my iPads crash occasionally on Safari too.)

7. Bahroo macrumors 68000

no issues here at all on my 6 Plus, on 8.1.2 with Reduce Transparency and it is buttery 100% smooth for me

8. MacinJosh thread starter macrumors 6502a

Performance is not an issue for me either. Just the annoying bugs I mentioned.