Anyone else having issues with health app?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by mnsportsgeek, Sep 30, 2014.

1. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

Ever since 8.0.2 my dashboard seems to get cleared out every day. Restarting the phone sometimes fixes the problem. I have it linked with myfitnesspal, and everyday my dashboard gets cleared out and it says dashboard empty.

2. MacFinnley macrumors 6502

MacFinnley

Works fine for me except that the data from MyFitnessPal is deleted every day

3. rbrian macrumors 6502a

rbrian

My dashboard is cleared instantly, and so is the data. Fitbit stopped tracking my steps, MyFitnessPal has suddenly decided my iPhone 6 is a 5s, and says I walked exactly 10,000 steps today, which seems a bit suspicious (I could believe 10,005) and the new Jawbone Up app doesn't track steps at all anywhere I can find.

All Health has achieved for me is to raise my blood pressure.

4. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

Yeah it doesn't work. Maybe they will fix it in the next update. Or seeing how Apple is doing these days, probably not.

5. mnsportsgeek thread starter macrumors 65816

I found a thread on the Apple board complaining about my same issue. Seems like it's a known problem.

I'll probably have to wait till 8.1 for a fix. Go apple...

6. matthewadams macrumors regular

Adding stuff manually seems to be hit and miss too... just tried adding a lost climbed flight manually but although its in the list of data points, it doesnt show up in the graph.. (and thats on 8.1 beta)

7. PN4 macrumors member

Tons of issues. Manually entered data not showing in charts; my fitness pal data being deleted out of Health every day; data being synced multiple times and doubling and tripling in Health.

Has Apple given any statement of how messed up this is and what they are doing to fix it?

8. CEmajr macrumors 601

Yup mine does this. It comes back with a restart or sometimes randomly on its own. At this point I think I'm going to just stop using the Health app until iOS 8.1

9. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

10. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Fitness Pal told the Health app I ate 3,200 calories of food today. I mean I know I totally gulped too much pizza just now, but not a whole days worth! :p

11. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

My health app seems to be tracking data for the entire week I have been using it. Steps and most recently sleep

12. darthbane2k macrumors 6502

Sleep? How?

13. matthewadams macrumors regular

The only sleep app (not requiring a wristband) with HealthKit integration would be Motion X 24/7 right now...

14. darthbane2k macrumors 6502

Great! And I just wasted money on sleep cycle! This one looks way better, and actual healthkit integration:

15. matthewadams macrumors regular

Haha, yeah.. I was thinking the same ;) But I decided to hold out, Sleep Cycle already announced HealthKit integration (on their website, FAQ section)

16. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

Yep, Motionx. I was just about to buy sleep cycle as well until I read the HealthKit Mega Thread.

17. rayjay86 macrumors 6502

Having the same problem, it's so annoying. Myfitnesspal is tracking my steps independently though which is nice because the health app seems to do its own thing...

Also it's been doubling up on the amount of calories I've added into MFP. One day it told me I'd eaten 3600 calories but when I checked the data points it had each one listed TWICE. Deleting the duplicates lined up the calories with what MFP showed in its own app.

I had to do a restore the other day which gave me back my step data and the few days its been tracking but every now and then the Health app will go nuts.

Whenever it goes nuts I lose all the MFP data for previous days but when it decides to work again it'll have multiple days of step tracking...annoying.

MFP on its own seems good enough I guess. How do you get the calories burned from exercise to show up in Health? Do you just have to add them manually from what MFP tells you?

For the record I've had Sleep Cycle for about a year now. Apparnetly they are releasing an update that is compatible with Apple Health.

18. mpfuchs macrumors regular

mpfuchs

Is there a way to transfer Health data from one device to another?
    I started using Health when iOS8 was released, manually logging all my carbs and blood glucose numbers to manage my diabetes.

Just got a new iPhone the other day, and of course there is no more data in Health. You'd think the could back-up all this data in iCloud, and when you sign into iCloud on another device it just magically appears?

I didn't loose any data, because I also logged them in another app, but just wondering...

19. darthbane2k macrumors 6502

I am also a diabetic and am shocked that there isnt a single blood glucose level management app that speaks to healthkit. Not a single glucose meter either. How very disappointing.

20. mpfuchs macrumors regular

mpfuchs

I've been using Diabetik for a while now. http://diabetikapp.com It's very intuitive and still has alot of functionality. I've talked to the developer, and he told me, that they are working on iOS8 and Health integration.
    But it's a free app, and kinda open source, so it might be a while.

Still, check it out if you don't know it yet, I'm sure you'll like it!

Also, what bugs me about Health, is that there is no way to add medication.
    Maybe not as bad as the shortcoming of logging water, but still...

21. darthbane2k macrumors 6502

That app looks great. Thanks, I will give it a try. Got to be better than iBGStar - which i've been using. That device became defunct 5 mins after I purchased it! lol