Anyone else having issues with notifications?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by atacinus, Apr 27, 2015.

1. atacinus macrumors 6502

So I use iMessage on my mac all day while working - but I'm also interested to see how the new Apple watch shows me these notifications - so rather than click iMessage or respond to the notification on my mac, I'm trying to wait till my watch buzzes.

This doesn't happen. It'll just sit there with the notification pending on iMessage (the red badge) but my watch won't ding. Sometimes it does, rarely, but not often.

Same issue with email. Will get email in mail and so I won't open it and will wait for my watch to bing.....and wait, and wait, and wait....?

What's going on here? Anyone else have this issue?

2. Lizardo90 macrumors member

Since your mac is on and you probably have imessage open on your mac this is why you wont see the notification on your watch. For example if im on my iphone my watch does not notify me, And vice versa. If im on the watch my phone does not notify me either.

3. atacinus thread starter macrumors 6502

But I'm not actively in iMessage, I just totally ignore the alert on my computer and it stays badged in the doc icon. I mean, I leave my computer on with iMessage on all day long - does that mean I'll never get these notifications on my wrist even if iMessage is in the background and I'm not on the computer (i.e. laptop is on and iMessage running in background in living room, but I'm in the bedroom).

That feels weird to me.

4. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Me

I haven't been notified of the delivery of my Apple Watch :eek:

Sorry but I just couldn't resist :eek:

5. shandyman Suspended

Nope, I have Messages open on my Macbook and I still get notifications on my Watch. You're correct about the iPhone though.

6. Xytal macrumors regular

You beat me by one second. ;D (OMG Friday can't get here soon enough!)

In all honesty, because your mac is "active" it's probably ignoring the watch. The watch is supposed to work (at least how I understand it) when you don't have any other device active. I honestly wouldn't want my watch dinging me when I've got my phone/ipad open.

But it's definitely something I want to test once I get mine... if I ever get mine. :(

7. wepiii macrumors 6502

On your phone make sure you have banners turned on in notification settings for messages and email (regular phone settings, not apple watch settings on phone or settings on watch).

I hope it's just a bug, because I hate banners. But for now that's the only way I can get notifications to work

8. Kent01 macrumors 6502

All notifications work well for me for the baked in apps.

Tinder is the only app that doesn't consistently notify me.