Anyone Else Having Issues With Visual Voice Mail on iOS 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DocPenguin, Jul 6, 2010.

1. DocPenguin macrumors member

DocPenguin

I just realized that I haven't received any messages on my phone in several days. If I call into my voice mail, the messages are there, but they never show up on the phone. I called AT&T and they had me try a few things that didn't work. Finally I was transferred over to someone in iPhone support who suggested that I back the phone up and reload the OS. He continued on by saying that this is a "known problem with iOS 4 that has been reported many times in the past week" and that Apple is planning to address it in a software update.

Anyone else having problems? Just want to see if this is yet another problem for the iPhone 4...

2. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Works fine on my iphone 4. I did have a problem with v-mail during the first few days. I guess it just doesn't know my password. So I click on voicemail, it asked for my password. Ever since, it works great.

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

i just checked mine and i have this problem too.

it's like my voicemail doesn't remember my password.

4. borisiii macrumors 6502

My iPhone 4 is on o2 in the UK, and after I moved from a 3GS to a 4 my visual voicemail stopped working - it just called voicemail when you tapped voicemail from the phone app. I called o2 and they told me to go settings > general > reset settings (it deletes settings eg ringtone, alarm clocks but not messages, contacts etc). They told me to reset the settings, wait an hour without trying to access voicemail, then turn the phone off and on again. When I turned it back on and went to voicemail it asked me to set it up like new by choosing a pin and greeting. It has worked since.

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

6. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

Same.

7. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

This happened on my 3GS, before I upgraded. Enter the password, and it will work again. If you don't remember your password, call AT&T, and they will reset it for you.

8. DocPenguin thread starter macrumors member

DocPenguin

Did the network reset and reentered the password. No dice. Had to reload the OS and it's good to go. Wonder if the "known issue" is legit...

9. insidmal macrumors 6502

insidmal

likewise, the first time it wasn't visual and i thought wtf so i just went on it with but after i entered my password it's been visual ever since

10. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

Mine wasn't working at all today. I had to use the audio voice mail.

11. CP1091 macrumors regular

CP1091

I was confused too. I checked the audio voicemail and had almost 40 messages that I had never gotten on my 3G either.. I tested it today again and it worked, but I can't believe it missed that many messages...

12. smccubbin90 macrumors newbie

Hey I've been having much the same problem. When I go into visual voicemail it directs me to set up a password and greeting however when I switch my phone off and on these settings have been deleted and I need to start over. I phoned o2 who said they had quite a few calls regarding this issue however could offer no solution, they transferred me to apple who said that they were aware of the issue and that I should just restore my phone and hopefully that would fix the problem.

13. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Ever since my switch to iPhone 4, VV has been weird. Password prompt will come up ever couple of days, when I go to check it it won't play as it just "hangs" or it will say it cannot access voicemail right now. So on. It is fine now. Not a major issue but it can be annoying at time.

14. X-rated macrumors member

This happened to my 3GS when i gave it to my wife. She has her own business and wasn't to happy when she found out she was missing her calls. Guess who caught hell for using her upgrade and giving her a used 3GS :eek:

15. ripkord macrumors 6502

full erase, everything set the phone up as new, no backup - will fix this.