Anyone else having issues with Xcode 7.2 update from the app store?

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by theSeb, Dec 12, 2015.

1. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

It downloads fine and then sits there "installing" forever. It gets to about a minute remaining and then goes back to 7 minutes remaining and that's where it seems to get stuck.

I then downloaded the dmg file straight from Apple, deleted Xcode.app and the dmg version installed fine, but I would prefer to have the version from the store, so I deleted Xcode.app again and retried the App store version with the same result. I don't want to have to delete the preferences and all of the other stuff that's not in the Xcode.app bundle. Any ideas?

This is all on the latest version of El Capitan.

2. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

I have issues with Xcode via the App Store all the time... I find it works best if you go to the Xcode page on the store, click the install button, and walk away (go to sleep, go to work... Something where you won't be back for a few hours.) Come back in a few hours and it's done.

This is in contrast to OSX, which definitely updates quicker if you intently stare at it throughout the process.

3. theSeb thread starter macrumors 604

theSeb

I've never had a problem with it before. This is the only Mac that I own with filevault switched on, so I am wondering if that is the problem. Hence I have switched it off and I am trying again.

4. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

My iMac is 8 years old... probably contributes to why it's slow and sometimes has problems. The moment Apple announces a 15" rMBP with Skylake, I'm jumping on it. Not sure what I'll do with the iMac (and the Air) at that point...

5. theSeb thread starter macrumors 604

theSeb

So I switched off Filevault and the install worked. Still, correlation <> causation, so I cannot confirm if FV is the issue, or not.

6. vezita macrumors newbie

vezita

Reboot and login, click xcode. It will start download.