Anyone else having networking issues?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by phanboyjohn, Jul 21, 2007.

1. phanboyjohn macrumors member

I'm having major network troubles with my MacBook of late. I'll connect through wireless or wired (direct to my cable modem), and I'll lose my connection after a certain amount of time, usually a few hours. The weird thing is that I can restore my connection if I restart my MacBook, which to me seems like a software issue of some kind.

What frustrates me is that I'm not doing anything to trigger the networking loss--it just happens, and I can't explain. Can anyone help me, or is anyone else having similar problems?

2. powerbuddy macrumors 6502

This is a common problem seen amongst many Macbooks and there is a big discussion going around in the Apple discussion board and over here. The engineers have acknowledged there is an issue with the Airport drivers. They are working on a fix. :)

3. phanboyjohn thread starter macrumors member

Powerbuddy, you're my new official best friend. I honestly felt like I was cursed, as I had network problems before with my Windows laptop (I'm a recent switcher). Thank you times 1000, and God bless.

Now just to wait on Apple update. That should be quick--after all, it's not like they have other devices to worry about. ;)

4. andysad macrumors newbie

yes, i have the same problem on my macbook. oftentimes if i use video chatting (via ichat) my connection will terminate.

5. alexeismertin macrumors regular

alexeismertin