Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skylitfly

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 3, 2014
So, since installing Yosemite beta my rMBP has just randomly freezed twice. I mean completely freezed so I had to restart the computer.

Anyone else having this problem?

bradley8795

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2013
So, since installing Yosemite beta my rMBP has just randomly freezed twice. I mean completely freezed so I had to restart the computer.

I just had that about 30 minutes ago, only happened one time. On a Late 2013 15" rMBP. It happened right after quitting Diablo 3 so I assumed it had something to with that. I could still see everything perfectly, and pressing the power button quickly still logged me out, but I could not type my password. Had to power it off. Submitted the bug to Apple.

Skylitfly

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 3, 2014
I just had that about 30 minutes ago, only happened one time. On a Late 2013 15" rMBP. It happened right after quitting Diablo 3 so I assumed it had something to with that. I could still see everything perfectly, and pressing the power button quickly still logged me out, but I could not type my password. Had to power it off. Submitted the bug to Apple.

Yeah sounds familiar. For me the first time it happened was when I launched Photoshop and second time right after opening a link on a website. I could still see everything perfectly and I was able to move my cursor but I couldn't do anything. So I had to power it off from the power button.

nick19

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2014
London, UK

Yes, I have this now and again and it's been there from DP1 right the way through to DP4. Typically when browsing in Safari. Probably happens about once a day.

matreya

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2009
Is happening to me every two or three hours. Driving me crazy! :(

Not happening to me on my 27" iMac. Perhaps there's a commonality with those who are experiencing it, such as using earlier dev previews before PB1?

Maybe it's time for those people to do a fresh install of Mavericks, then install their latest version of Yosemite?

vnttr

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2012
Restarts and freezes

This now happens every few hours for me. Started happening from DP5 but I did go through all Yosemite prior versions.

hmarsili

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2012
Can someone please post their experience regarding the FREEZES after updating to PB2?

johnnnw

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2013
I was having this problem and it turned out to only happen when I used firefox.

Are you using it?

airlied

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2011

I had that yesterday as well. everything was frozen, you can move your mouse cursor but cannot do anything else. The only way to solve this is a hard reboot.

johnnnw

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2013
Just started happening to me too on PB2.

Random freezing every hour or so, sometimes more. Sound continues to play, and all my inputs during the freeze (the mouse still moves) are remembered when it unfreezes.

(if I click a tab while it's frozen, it will go to that tab after it comes back, or if I click new tab 6 times while it's frozen, 6 tabs will suddenly open when it unfreezes)

MaxPayne79

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2014

Reset you SMC settings then your PRAM and that should fix it. Worked for me. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.