Anyone Else Having Sticker Boy Issues?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Breezer23, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Breezer23 macrumors member

I love their designs but the two I've purchased always end up bubbling up on the edges. It appears to start happening after a month or so. I was really disappointed prior to them replacing it as the exact fit skin I had on it was fit amazingly well. It took me nearly an hour to install it! I actually had them replace it with the standard fit thinking it would solve the problem - not so much.

Again, anyone else running into this problem? Any other recommendations besides Sticker Boy?

2. glen e macrumors 68030

Never had a problem with 10 items from SB...it's all the same 3m DI noc material , so it not sticker boy, it's most likely your poor prep of the surface prior to application...

3. Breezer23 thread starter macrumors member

I just wiped it down to be honest. What else is there to do? I reheated it and the corners are sticking fine now.

4. glen e macrumors 68030

Wipe down with isopropyl alcohol and never touch any of the underside edge....

5. MaggsBern macrumors newbie

try using a heat gun, it helps the adhesive stick better ;)

6. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

As mentioned above, wipe with isopropyl alcohol (90%+ is preferable so no water is left behind). Let it all evaporate so it is dry. Make sure there is no lint. Don't touch the underside with the adhesive. The oil on your hands will hurt the adhesion. Also, don't try to use latex gloves. They will just stick to the adhesive and you will end up ruining it.

The best thing is to use scotch/masking tape (or blue painters tape) on the non-adhesive side so you can use it as a handle to guide the wrap. After you lay it down, you can remove the "handle tape."

Use heat to fix any bubbles.

7. cebseb macrumors regular

When applying, I always used a blow-dryer to secure the edges. This prevented any curling issues down the road.

8. MaggsBern macrumors newbie

yes .. use a hair dryer it will help the skin stick better.
    also, make sure the device is squeaky clean (alcohol does the job).
    and using tape is a great recommendation .. it helps you place the skin straight.

9. cebseb macrumors regular

Oh nice, I forgot about the alcohol. That was key as well.

10. MaggsBern macrumors newbie

yea i love SB .. check out my iPhone 5S ..

Attached Files: