Anyone else having syncing issues with Things?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Ntombi, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I'm having major problems with the syncing of Things. I'll edit a note on my iPhone or the desktop, and the changes will be gone after syncing, or won't make it to the other app.

I've made the same changes four times now, and can't seem to make them stick. :mad: Yes, I restarted, I reinstalled, and done everything I can think of, it's just not working correctly. I realize that the desktop app is still in beta, but this is kind of crucial, and the whole selling point of the app.

2. philgilder macrumors 68000

its working fine for me... i had one issue and had to delete everything, sync, and restore stuff from the trash to the mac, and then resync. its worked fine ever since

try contacting the devs and telling them, they may be able to find the problem and fix it in the next version, and yes it still is in beta, but most people find it to be perfectly stable

3. Penny Dreadful macrumors newbie

I have Things and the synching has been flawless. Just a great app. You may want to search the Things forums for additional help.

4. Ntombi thread starter macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Yeah, I'm seeing people there complaining about the same things, but no solutions...

5. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I like Things but then I also bought OmniFocus a few days ago to try it out. It seems to be syncing much better. It allows syncing with MobileMe and tasks will also show up in my mail app on my Macs as reminders.

For anyone else who this may help, it also makes it easy to keep more than one iPhone in sync and Things only syncs with one iPhone for now. There are a few other choices on syncing as well but I chose MobileMe.

You may wish to give OmniFocus a try.