Anyone else having these problems with their 2011 13" MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Evan_11, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Evan_11 macrumors regular

I posted this as a reply in a separate thread but I wanted to get a wider sample of opinions. I've already updated to 10.6.7 and the below issues still persist with my 2011 13" MBP 2.3 ghz.

First is the dropped wifi. Seems to only happen when I have an external monitor hooked up. I've read that display port adapters can cause wifi issues. Usually I only have to turn airport off and then back on, but today I had to do a full reboot. :confused:

Other problems that I've had: Bluetooth issues with my Magic Trackpad not being recognized...... and crappy flash performance / memory leaks in Safari. That's fine that Steve Jobs doesn't like Flash for iOS but he should give a crap about it under OS X. :mad:

These problems with this computer makes me think that this MBP update was not ready for prime time and Apple pushed them out to coincide with Intel's Thunderbolt and Sandy Bridge release. :eek:

2. aimeeinohio macrumors regular

aimeeinohio

I have problems with Flash as well...but I had problems with Flash with my PC, too.

3. MacBookPro13" macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

4. aimeeinohio macrumors regular

aimeeinohio

5. eaf7s macrumors regular

6. brentsg macrumors 68040

I've not seen any of those issues yet.

I use Chrome and Firefox.

7. mlynchmob16 macrumors regular

I haven't had these problems yet on my 13" i5.

BTW why do you need a magic trackpad with a MBP?

8. Evan_11 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm already using Chrome for 90% of my browsing. I just don't see why Safari should have all these problems with Flash when the other browsers don't. It's stupid on Apple's part to ignore it.

I use the Macbook Pro 70% of the time at my desk in clam shell mode, attached to an external monitor hence the use of the TrackPad. That's what it's for....why are so many MR members dense?