Anyone else having this issue?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Yodgee, May 18, 2009.

1. Yodgee macrumors member

Running bootcamp windows 7 RC 32bit on a UMB 2.4. Everything seems to be working fine in bootcamp except for when i try and adjust screen brightness. The screen comes up with that display showing im lowering or raising the brightness bars but windows does not respond. Anyone else experiencing this? Not a massive pain, but would be handy to lower the brightness a bit to save some battery.

2. jbrenn macrumors 6502a

3. Yodgee thread starter macrumors member

Yeh i know i should have installed 64bit. Just saw some people were having issues. But has anyone got this same issue ive experienced?

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

If u have updated the video drivers using windows update. Roll the driver back under device manager.

5. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

This is correct. The updated video drivers via Windows Update somehow disable this functionality. I rolled my driver back and can increase/decrease the brightness using the keyboard.

6. Yodgee thread starter macrumors member

yeh did update the drivers. ill jump on now and roll them back. cheers for the assistance

7. Yodgee thread starter macrumors member

Rolled the driver back, brightness still not responding from the keyboard, however it can now be altered using the bootcamp control panel (did not work previously). Good enough for me