Anyone else having this problem? (Three Finger Swipe)

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by peraevum, Jul 22, 2011.

1. peraevum macrumors newbie

Depending on what multitouch gestures I'm activating in System Preferences, I can get many of my apps like MS Office and Skype to crash immediately when I swipe with three fingers either swiping up or to the right.

Is anyone else having this maddening problem?

I'm using BetterTouchTool, Keyboard Maestro, Hyperdock, and these may or may not be interfering. Not quite sure.

2. aresinferno macrumors regular

Yes. And some kind person managed to solve it for me. As you have BTT, I am guessing at one point you had MultiClutch. If so, make sure you have deleted the prefpane and check to see if there are any InputManagers for MultiClutch in "/Library/InputManagers" and delete the folder. That should solve it. I am pretty sure it worked right away but you may have to restart / re-log. If that doesn't work it could alternatively be a 64-bit version of MultiClutch that uses SIMBL. If that is the case, check your SIMBL plugin folder in either your library or application support to see if there is an AirKeysInputManager.

3. peraevum thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, I had MultiClutch at one time. That is amazing. Your suggestion completely fixed my problem. Thank you SO MUCH, aresinferno! You rock!

4. ansj64 macrumors member

In my case, when I do the three finger swipe, I can't seem to go beyond one app even if I have four or five apps open at the same time. Is it a software issue or is there a setting problem. I just toggle between the dashboard and one app.

Any help would be appreciated

Antonio

5. aresinferno, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011

aresinferno macrumors regular

That's great. I had the exact same feeling when it was solved for me. I was so incredibly relieved that I could use Google Chrome without it crashing every time I instinctually swiped in order to ope or close a tab or go back or forward using three finger swipes. No matter how hard I tried not to use the gestures, I inevitably did and CRASH!

I don't quite understand what is going on here. I am assuming that your trackpad gestures are set up so that you swipe with three fingers to switch spaces. Are these apps that you talking about all in different spaces? The gesture does not switch between applications in a space but between different spaces, which may be an entire fullscreen application or contain any number of other applications. My personal preference is to set this up with for finger gestures. Switching between apps can be done with the application switcher or through mission control. The application switcher is not very accessible as they have now changed the gestures.

6. MattiasN macrumors newbie

Three finger swipe left crash Firefox

I use Mac OSX Lion 10.7.1 and Firefox v6 and v7 crash for me when I use the three finger swipe left to go to previous page. The three finger swipe left has also made other program crash, so I guess it's not just a Firefox related issue.

In the past I have also used MultiClutch, Better Touch Tool and some other mouse touch preference tool, but I have removed/deleted all om them from the System Preferences window. I have verified my Library folder and I cant find any "InputManagers" folder there.

Do you have any suggestion on what I can do to eliminate these crashes? They are extremely irritating.