Anyone else having trouble downloading themes?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Tony34423, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Tony34423 macrumors newbie

I am currently on my device (iPad2, black, Wi-Fi 32 gb) and am having a hard time installing ANY themes from Cydia???? Am I alone here?:confused:

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

3. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

Ever since iOS 4.2 and above on my iPad I have never been able to get themes to work with Winterboard.

4. Tony34423 thread starter macrumors newbie

most are specific towards iphones/ipod touch but I've ran across several modifications of original themes converted for iPad use but unfortunely none complete the downloading process...:(

5. rnystery macrumors member

im on ipad 2 white 16g and themes working fine for me :) snow is falling over my screen

6. Sdevante macrumors 6502

Does anyone know the location of the springboard files on the iPad 2? I am going to try to port an iPhone 4 theme over, but it'd save a lot of time if somebody knows off hand where I can find the stock files so I know what sizes and file names to use, etc.

Thanks!

7. rnystery macrumors member

winterboard

8. Sdevante macrumors 6502

I know how to get to the files in Winterboard, such as bundles/com.apple.springboard.

I am trying to figure out where the stock files that get replaced are located, because I am guessing the names are different on some of iPad files than the iPhone files.

9. TrulyYuki macrumors 6502

TrulyYuki

i'm actually downloading themes directly from cydia under themes for ipad. They're are not working for me either. I believe its because the jailbreak just came out and they aren't made for ipad 2.

10. jailbreakFiend macrumors member

I bought GladHander for iPhone and been using it on my iPad since the jailbreak. No problems here.