Anyone else having trouble loading the 1password site?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by busybusybee, Jun 12, 2010.

1. busybusybee macrumors newbie

I've been trying to buy it since yesterday but the 1password site, http://www.agilewebsolutions.com/, seems to be down for me.

Can anyone else access it, or is the site having problems? (One would hope they're not security problems :p )

2. busybusybee thread starter macrumors newbie

3. busybusybee thread starter macrumors newbie

That's a great website!

But... The website doesn't work on my macbook, on another computer in my house, or my iPhone... What's up?

It appears to be a problem with my wifi, it works on 3G, so why is my IP blocking this site? It wasn't last week!

4. markthurston macrumors newbie

Not working for me. Who is your ISP? mine is Virgin Media.

5. juliainor macrumors member

6. busybusybee thread starter macrumors newbie

Also Virgin Media...

I think we've isolated the problem.

7. busybusybee thread starter macrumors newbie

Would someone mind finding me a contact email? Obviously I can't access the website by myself.

Thanks so much.

8. Rawn macrumors newbie

9. busybusybee thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for trying, but that won't work because all subdomains of the website down't work as well. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could someone for who the website works let the guys over at agile know about the problems we're having in the UK if we're on the Virgin Media ISP and see if they can do anything about it?

Thanks guys!

10. Jaxdialation macrumors regular

Can I suggest that your climb the backs of Virgin Media? Out of thousands of ISPs, they are the one with the problem.

You are actually suggesting that all of us contact 1Password, to do what, tell them there is an ISP that sucks, and they should re-write their website ?

11. busybusybee thread starter macrumors newbie

Well the ISP are idiots, that much is true. They told me that everything was fine their end and there is no reason that it shouldn't be working.

12. ChaMouse macrumors newbie

I am in Germany, using Tele2, and also have problem loading their website... after a quick search on twitter, quite some people have the same problems since a few days ago.

Not sure what happened... anyone can enlighten me?

13. chrispholt macrumors regular

Cheddar, UK. Yes where the cheese comes from..
    Hi,
    I am on tiscali (now talk talk) and cannot access this website and many more. My brother cannot access oilempires.com and w3schools have been on and off for me.

However i was thinking when reading this, my problems started on the 12th (Saturday) and so was the thread. On saturday the Digital Econmomy bill came in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Economy_Act_2010 could this some how be stopping us as i think it is basically a company watching and blocking internet traffic on the governments behalf.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2010/apr/08/digital-economy-bill-passes-third-reading

Also where are our rights gone in the UK? 2000 people didn't want this. Except bpi.

:cool: Maybe it's just a coincidence

14. markthurston macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have contacted Virgin Media and they could not help. However I believe that their DNS has a problem. This can be bypassed be using a public DNS server.

I tried the OpenDNS servers addresses and all sites now work.

Put the following in your network settings.

Give it a try.

15. chrispholt macrumors regular

Cheddar, UK. Yes where the cheese comes from..

Thanks, I put it in my connection settings instead of the router and it worked immediately.

Thanks

16. arbelos2 macrumors newbie

Yup.

I have exactly the same problem, and I'm with SKY. Using those DNS numbers sorted it. But what is really the problem? Is it with the ISP?

17. roustk macrumors newbie

roustk

I changed DNS TTL settings from 30 min to 24 hours for agilewebsolutions.com.

Hopefully this will fix the problem.

Best regards, Roustem
    Co-author of 1Password

18. arbelos2 macrumors newbie

Nope, Still the same. I notice that all the folk having a problem are based in the UK (I'm in Edinburgh).

19. dteare macrumors newbie

We just added a few more name servers. I am not convinced this will solve the issue as it appears to be a problem with the ISP's DNS but with any luck the new servers will help.

20. arbelos2 macrumors newbie

That seems to have fixed it for me.

Nice software, by the way!

Noel
    www.arbelos.eu