Anyone else having trouble with 3G signal after JB?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bigjnyc, Feb 10, 2011.

1. bigjnyc, Feb 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2011

bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

this is probably a shot in the dark but is anyone else having issues with their 3G turning off? the 3G icon in the toolbar will just randomly turn off and I would have no 3G service until I notice it and respring or turn airplane mode on and off. I thought this was just something wrong with my phone, but this weekend I Jailbroke my GF's phone and the same thing is happening to her. As far as cydia apps I dont have anything new which I didnt have before. and I used Greenpoison RC5 B2

2. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

I know you said you haven't installed anything new, but check that you haven't somehow installed Auto3G (or something with a similar name...). That tweak automatically turns off 3G...

Or if you want, you can try to use a different tool to Jailbreak, unless you're on 4.2.1 in which case there doesn't appear to be another tool.

3. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 601

bigjnyc

yeah unfortunately I'm on 4.2.1 the only thing I have is my3G but that doesnt turn off 3G. its very perplexing, I would have to lose my JB I've kind of become dependent on some of the stuff you can do.

4. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

May just be a bug of some sort, I honestly am not sure, we'll wait for those who have taken the plunge with the newest GP to chime in. Sorry I can't offer more help for you.

Just as a matter of interest, when 3G goes, is there circle reception?

5. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 601

bigjnyc

nope nothing no E and no circle.. just a blank space after the bars and AT&T