Anyone else having trouble with the Digg bar in Safari?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by daneoni, Apr 19, 2009.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Ever since the launch of the Digg bar i often encounter the lines in the image below when scrolling a page. Anyone else getting this?

Attached Files:

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

3. glasserp macrumors regular

happens to me every time. only browser i use is s4b.

4. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

Yes I get this too on Safari 3 when scrolling back up after having scrolled down.

5. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

Only use Safari so can't say. I guess its a Digg problem then which is good to know

6. DPB17 macrumors 6502

Just used it on Safari 4 Beta in the forums here and no problems.:)

7. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

no, i doubt its a digg problem, I m more like thinking its either a safari problem or your hardware's problem. Try a different browser might rule out or rule in one of them.

Might be other possibilities too.

8. glasserp macrumors regular

Well was there a digg toolbar at the top, or were you just looking at macrumors? i'm pretty sure that it is a safari 4 bug.

9. DPB17 macrumors 6502

OK I'm not that stupid, there was a diggbar on the top.

My Safari 4's been doing the same thing ever since Digg released the Digg Bar. At first I thought this was a hardware problem, as people had similar issues when their video card was heating up, but I found every single time I clicked on the url link on the digg bar (and thus removing the digg bar) the lines would go away and never come back until I hit another Digg link. Not sure whether it's Digg or Safari, but a software issue of some sort...

11. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

mmm... if its important, you can submit 2 bug reports, one to apple, one to digg

12. err404 macrumors 68020

This is a Safari/DiggBar problem. I have the issue on every machine that I use Safari. This includes both Windows and OSX machines. The problem does not happen on every redirected site. Only a few sites appear to conflict with the Safari/DiggBar combo.

Assuming the the DiggBar code is standards compliant, This is most likely a minor javascript or frame rendering bug in Safari that should be correct by Apple in the future. In the meantime I hope that Digg can implement a work around.
    FYI - I have reported the issue to Digg.