Anyone else here pre-ordered the MYO for iPhone use?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Auxo, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Auxo macrumors 6502

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CprHRsa1OTo

I just pre-ordered it. I'm very scared though, of the thought this being a scam.
    They haven't proven to me that they are legitimate...

Besides, there's only 20 000 orders.

I'm scared because they can take out any amount they want from my credit card and just stand off the shipment of the product.

Anyone else ordered it and thinking the same?

(I'm not sure if the thread is placed correctly, please move it if it's missplaced).

2. Auxo thread starter macrumors 6502

3. hawwy macrumors newbie

Biggest scam going

4. Auxo thread starter macrumors 6502

5. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

What is it that you want us to do? Research this for you to determine if this was a bad investment? If you're scared you got ripped off, maybe that'll be motivation to slow down and do more research yourself before you pre-order some wild unproven technology.

I have no basis for saying that you've been ripped off because I've never seen this thing before. I would question what the use for it would be with an iPhone, but hopefully it works out for you.

6. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Hardware not out yet so little to know about it other than what is on the web (Google search)

http://noble-press.com/2013/03/gesture-control-myo-armband-uses/

$149.00... I would wait until its released and others have a chance to be the guinea pig

PS: I prefer the word "Concerned" not scared. Nothing to be scared of unless you are talking about nuclear war or your in-laws ;)

7. miss.manson macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

I don't think it's a scam..your best bet is to either wait or contact the company directly.

8. Auxo thread starter macrumors 6502

I did ask for the legitimacy and all they had to say was to look up thalmic.com.
    So I did and nothing there makes me more .. determined.

----------

Wouldn't you be pretty scared if they could take out all your money from your account?

9. miss.manson macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

This is what I found:
    http://velocity.uwaterloo.ca/news/interview-thalmic-labs

Also I checked out their Facebook page. There are one or two people there that are also concerned with the legitimacy of the company. Looks like they got $1.5 million in preorders.

10. Auxo thread starter macrumors 6502

While that is true - all I need is just another perspective here. Can you see it from mine? Whilst there is only about 1000 comments on YouTube but over 2 million views you might understand me. There is something suspicious about this, I can tell. From their marketing with overhyped terms like "unleash the jedi within you" etc, it makes me uncomfortable.

I even had the discussion with one of my closest and we confirmed I couldn't be "safe".

And worst of all, there's no forum discussing this point. There are , to be straight, no comments on their legitimacy. It's if anyone purchasing this product just believed these guys were legit.

No one questions it. Or are those comments removed from the social sites?

Maybe I'm just taking this too seriously but who wouldn't. You get torn away with this whole idea and boom, you're in it.

I've had the similiar experience with Hammerpoint Interactive - War Z, showing up to be one of the worst scamsites on the internet. I poured up 50$ for that company and now I'm afraid that's on repeat here.

----------

They can take that money and walk away basically, that is the thing.
    Imagine if they could squeeze out that amount but doubled until the end of the year. Even more.

11. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Again, to my point: these are all things that you should have considered before you gave them your banking information. I agree, it looks and sounds kind of fishy; based on what I've seen so far I definitely would not have invested any money into it.

Bro, all I've got to say is this: caveat emptor. You need to start learning to be a more savvy consumer.

12. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Well, the site does seem to crash my mobile safari every time I load it.

So you have them a credit card number. Did they charge it? Call your credit card company and have them cancel. Then contact the company and tell them you canceled. If they are legit and have their ish together they will respond because they want your money. It's really simple. Part of the point of paying with a credit card is the protection you have with the company providing you said line of credit.

I also agree with precious posts. You were fooled once. It happens. Being fooled twice, that's on you I'm afraid.

13. Auxo thread starter macrumors 6502

They haven't charged me yet. They say that they are going to do it when they ship it later this year ...

14. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Later this year?

I dunno what to say. I guess if I have tons of money, I may pre-order the next Ferrari, because I know them to be a legit company, and their products ARE legit, desirable and limited. Otherwise I can't see myself buying anything sight-unseen, ever, other than a youtube video. Your wallet, and patience.