Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ios3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2022
However, it is not uncommon for some users to delay updating their operating system for various reasons. Upgrading to the latest version of iOS usually brings new features, improvements, and security updates, so it's generally recommended to stay up to date if possible. If you're curious about others' usage patterns, you can try seeking feedback on online forums or checking with Apple's community platforms to see if there are others in a similar situation.
I actually used to look forward to updating, and prefer to be up to date. My issues, and other’s too, are the new problems and instability that Apple introduces to their new iOS. They also have the free help of beta testers who report bugs, many of which don’t get resolved.

Every year it’s the same half-baked OS release that you can’t downgrade after the signing window is closed. I followed iOS 11-16 releases and issues closely before upgrading, and it seems the the problems just keep increasing. Hell, this past year with 16, it’s like every update broke other things. Even at its end there are still annoying bugs.

It’s just very tiring now

Reactions: sdfox7

sdfox7

Contributor
Jan 30, 2022
USA
I actually used to look forward to updating, and prefer to be up to date. My issues, and other’s too, are the new problems and instability that Apple introduces to their new iOS. They also have the free help of beta testers who report bugs, many of which don’t get resolved.

Every year it’s the same half-baked OS release that you can’t downgrade after the signing window is closed. I followed iOS 11-16 releases and issues closely before upgrading, and it seems the the problems just keep increasing. Hell, this past year with 16, it’s like every update broke other things. Even at its end there are still annoying bugs.

It’s just very tiring now

Apple doesn't give a hoot about quality control anymore. It's all about how fast they can roll out updates that make older devices obsolete and run like garbage. Steve Jobs would be rolling in his grave.

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
Apple doesn't give a hoot about quality control anymore. It's all about how fast they can roll out updates that make older devices obsolete and run like garbage. Steve Jobs would be rolling in his grave.
Eh, iOS updates were garbage on early 32-bit devices too. It’s been an issue from the beginning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.