Anyone else holding out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pez555, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Pez555 macrumors 68020

Pez555

I really want an iPhone, i mean really really really want one.

However, since launch i have been feeling like i should hold out for a bit longer. In this sense i mean, is it likely Apple will redesign the hardware (antenna) so that none of the issues that we are currently seeing will happen? How soon would they be able to fix the issue?

My main worry is that i dont want to buy one now, and then a few weeks/months down the line Apple fix the antenna issue and roll out updated iPhones and realise the one i have is a gimped version that doesnt work properly. I know nobody can really say how soon they are able to fix the issues, however that is my main concern.

Initially i am holding out for the white ones however all these issues have left me a bit empty inside. I am *hoping* by the time the white ones are released the issues will be gone.

2. Alphaspida macrumors member

Get it.

I got one yesterday. Best money ever spent on a phone. Of course it has an antenna problem, but unless you do it on purpose you're perfectly fine. I haven't had a problem yet.

3. dgstan macrumors 6502a

I'm not saying I am "holding out" for the next version at this point. But, I will say that I want this phone a heck of a lot less than I did on launch day. The longer this goes on, the less and less I want to get it.

It's not only the problems that discourage me, but also the zero inventory at any ATT/Radio Shack/Walmart/Best Buy/Apple Store. Couple that with the complete lack of information given to those of us of various pre-order/priority lists and I'm getting real tired of being treated this way. Where are the phones? Are you really telling me no one at Apple has any idea when phones will be in stores? Excuse me if I find that hard to believe.

It's gotten to the point that talking to an Apple Store employee is like talking to an airline ticket counter agent. They know they're lying, we know they're lying, and we both just kinda giggle under our breath and walk away.

That said, if a JB comes out tomorrow and I get my email to pick up my phone, I'll probably get all excited again...

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Keep in mind that it's the Internet, a place where the complaint to joy ratio is at least 3:1. Problems exist. They exist will all new products. The iPhone is amplified b/c of it's popularity. You, unlike we preorderers, reservists, or Day One walk-ins, get the benefit of knowing the issues beforehand.

Personally if I had serious usability issues I'd return my phone and go back to my trusty 3GS. I've experienced some glitches but nothing to make me want to give up the iP4's screen, HD-esque video, or improved camera, not to mention the vastly improved 3G+ speeds.

5. Anastacio macrumors regular

I gotta say I'm in the same boat, kinda.
    I was for sure going to buy the iPhone 4 when it was revealed but with all the reports I'm not so sure.

The Proximity Sensor problem is probably just on some defect devices, the yellow spots goes away but the signal issues is what keeps me back. The launch isn't before the end of July here in Denmark and in the meantime, I am so close at just buying a used (from January 10') iPhone 3GS today.

What would you people recommend? Bear in mind, I got to have it with me on holiday when we go to Asia, it's hot there with 30-40 degrees, a lot of sand, pools, oceans etc. I'm going to have it with me at the football pitch every day as well, a ton of grass. Would it be wiser of me just to get the 3GS instead of the 4?

6. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

Get one. As with everything in life, complaints will always outweigh anything good anyone has to say. I've been enjoying my phone since day one, but do you see any news stories on how much people love their phone? Nope.

7. Fabienne macrumors 65816

Fabienne

I want the white one, I hate to wait but...I want the white one. I could have a black one within a reasonable period of time. BUT, I would not be happy with it. Will they fix the problems associated with the phone by the time the white ones come out? I don't know. I bet they will though. In any case it will beat the socks off my Blackberry which will do 30% of what it could do (except when it doesn't work right).

8. Kendio7 macrumors member

I'm in the same boat, just don't think I can hold out any longer!

9. ARSC macrumors 6502

i am also in the same boat. I am coming to Uk on the 9th of july lets c what happens.

10. atticus27 macrumors regular

atticus27

squeezing the bottom left will drop the bars(if you do it hard), but I have yet to drop a call on it and its, so much faster than my old 3G much worth the upgrade.

11. IndustrialSpace macrumors 6502a

I'm highly right-brained and left-handed.

I CAN'T upgrade my 3GS as I hold the phone in my left hand exclusively.

Perhaps Apple doesn't like lefties...

12. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

i would love to get one right now, but am waiting til mid october for my VZW contract to end :D

13. Apple iMe. macrumors newbie

I feel bad for anyone who has decided to hold off based the the massive (over) reaction to the antenna. It really isnt as bad as some posters on these forums will have you believe. You are REALLY missing out :(

Lets put it this way, its the best phone I have ever owned, and if I had the chance to do it all over again I would be back on the apple site that morning clicking refresh for 2 hours to try and get my order to go through.

There a few important questions you need to ask yourself:

1) Do I hold the phone in my left hand to make calls? (if no then what are you waiting for??)

2) If you Do hold the phone in your left hand do you mind the signal dropping by 2-3 bars? (but not nesessarily dropping the call)

3) If you Do mind the signal dropping by 2-3 bars are you able to nudge your hand up slightly or swap hands therefore curing the problem in a matter of seconds?

Honestly its only such a big deal because its Apple and iPhone 4 is the biggest phone in the world right now :rolleyes:

14. DjPiLL macrumors member

I am waiting.

If they would have at least increased the capacity to 64GB, I would have pre-ordered. But with my 32GB 3Gs still being the highest capcity available, i'll wait to see what they do.

15. diiamond89 macrumors member

diiamond89

same here.. :confused:

16. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I was waiting for verizon. I was waiting for signal issues to clear up. I was waiting and waiting and finally said **** it. I just ordered mine. If Verizon comes out next year and is better, I can switch back. If calls get dropped every now and then, who cares, I barely use my phone for calls now anyway. HD camera in my pocket, cool apps, chick magnet.... no more waiting for me.

Well, except for the three weeks until I actually get it.