Anyone else hoping the "Haptic Home Button" becomes a trackpad?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by urkel, Sep 8, 2016.

1. urkel macrumors 68030

I hesitate to use the word "Trackpad" while talking about an iOS product because it seems to really upset people. But when they said that they were changing the Home button to a Taptic pad I literally got to the edge of my seat because I thought they were finally going to do what I wanted for years. Give the Home Button more actual function.

The idea of a multifunction Home Button is a very natural one that comes straight from the iPod and MacBook. It may sound crazy but go get your phone and try it. (go ahead, I'll wait).

- Press to select
    - Swipe Up to get Control Panel
    - Swipe Down to bring down Notifications
    - Swipe R/L for App specific commands (Skip in Music/Movies. Choose Apps etc)
    - Clockwise Circle for scrolling (Like on the iPod)
    - Counterclockwise Circle for Undo (Better than the current "Strangle to Undo")

Our years of Apple Product use makes these gestures VERY natural and with the removal of the physical button then what we essentially have is a Finger-Print reading Trackpad. So why make it so limited with only two functions.

2. max.ine macrumors regular

You mean like the touch area the Siri Remote has? That'd be useful, but unless they planned ahead, it would require a hardware upgrade.

3. Hooterville macrumors 6502a

Hooterville

I'm worried this new home button could be a problem.

4. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

No, I'm hoping Apple removes the home button entirely, and soon.