Anyone else hoping these "mock-ups" are wayyyy off?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nojokews6, Jun 6, 2009.

1. nojokews6 macrumors regular

to me they look two steps back.. the 3G in my opinion has little room for improvement look wise without making the screen bigger (smaller borders) and a thinner design. the phone is going to be "rubber"?? i dont plan on using it as a football. i can cover up the sleek phone with an ugly case if i wanted to.. now iam going to cover up the ugly phone with an ugly case.. iam hoping there are indeed more the one version and this rubber one is the economy edition. also are there any leaks about dimensions? did the phone get and thinner? and these mock-ups still have no flash?? Iam keeping faith in apple because they have not disappointed me yet, either way iam sure ill be online day 1.

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

I know most won't agree, but I'm a firm believer in the idea that Apple has something big up their sleeve and everybody's going to be pleasantly surprised.

You can "I told ya so" me all day long come Monday if I'm wrong but I'm optimistic.

3. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

i dont understand...if it gets any thinner youll be able to fold it in half..
    its fine how it is..the internals needed an upgrade..thats whats happening.
    we can all be happy

4. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Thinner is not better. Have you tried gripping an iPod Touch? The first iPhone was perfect in thickness and the 3G made thicker comfortable by tapering the edges.

There's no reason to go thinner.

5. nojokews6 thread starter macrumors regular

i love the feel of the touch, would very please with that size.

6. nicheco macrumors member

i really like the design of the 3g. i like it better than the original for sure. i hope not much changes. apple always seems to come through.

7. beg_ne macrumors 6502

I actually like the matte black on the mock-ups. Almost wishing the new iPod Touch will have the same instead of the chrome back.

8. joshellis625 macrumors 6502

joshellis625

I 100% agree. ;)

9. Merkie macrumors 68020

People are complaining too much about the "rubber" back. It's not rubber, it's rubbery. It just has a little more friction than your usual plastic back and it's less prone to finger prints. Seriously, there are a lot of phones with rubbery backs and they are very easy to handle and do not get stuck in your pocket or something. No reason to panic.

10. shrimpdesign macrumors 6502a

shrimpdesign

I have a feeling Apple has better mockups than us, and thus, a better final design.

11. Lenxal macrumors regular