Anyone else impressed by the David Bowie Lazarus song?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by waloshin, Jan 19, 2016.

1. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Anyone else impressed by the David Bowie Lazarus song?

I did not listen to much of his music, but this song just amazes me his vocals, his spirit and his energy at that age especially with what he was going through.

2. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

It's beautiful, the whole album is fantastic, it's been in heavy rotation here at the World HQ.

3. waloshin thread starter macrumors 68040

waloshin

I agree.

4. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

The whole album's intoxicating.

A bit hard to, "get into", at first; but utterly intoxicating.

5. Silencio macrumors 68020

Silencio

Pretty impressive for such a musically adventurous album to make #1 on the US album charts, even if a #1 record doesn't mean what it used to with album sales being lower these days.

I'm a long time Bowie fan and Blackstar is his best work in a long, long time. I've listened to it all the way through every day since it was released. What a way to go out.

6. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

I meant to reply to this in my original post but something went pear shaped (the site seems to be acting janky for the last week ...)

Anyway ...

You should. I'm not sure what kind of music you typically listen to - or if you're even into music much at all - but Bowie has a pretty amazing catalog, with really diverse sound/styles depending on the period. Especially if your previous exposure was limited to Let's Dance (and god forbid, some of the meh-at-best post product in the 80s/90s ...).