Anyone else in the 11/20-11/28 camp?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hydro94530, Nov 3, 2018.

1. hydro94530 macrumors regular

hydro94530

I’m really hoping it moves up. Is it safe to assume all Apple stores will have all variations in stock on launch day (regardless of quantities)? I may just line up a couple hours early on launch and cancel this. My own fault for not being on it when it first went up for pre-order.

Also when the heck are they going to allow online orders for in-store pickup? Seems like it should have happened by now.

2. F-Stop macrumors member

F-Stop

Yes, my pre order for my 12.9” 256Gb WiFi Space Grey is showing for delivery in that week too. However, I won’t be getting it then as my wife has just said that she will buy it for me....but I have to wait until Christmas Day :eek:

Never mind, I guess it just gives me a bit more time to choose which accessories I want for it (although I have already ordered the :apple: usb-c to sd card reader adaptor).

Its starting to feel a lot like Christmas......:p

Andy :D

3. hydro94530 thread starter macrumors regular

hydro94530

Lol well hey, I’d wait for Christmas too if that was the case. Congrats though!

4. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

I do believe you should be safe, however they’re may be some configurations that may be in short supply. The 1TB I feel will be is extremely short supply. In store pick-up should be available either Wednesday night or latest possible the weekend.

5. F-Stop macrumors member

F-Stop

Cheers buddy :D

I’ve had it confirmed from my work that I can take holiday from the weekend before Christmas right through until the New Year too...guess I’m going to need that time to show her how much I love her...along with a bit of ‘recovery time’ ;)

6. hydro94530 thread starter macrumors regular

hydro94530

Haha for sure! Should be a nice break for you too. I loved getting Christmas break off back at my last job. Not so much anymore though lol.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 3, 2018 ---
    Yeah I think so too and that happens to be the one I’m going for. I called the store and they aren’t doing any early opening stuff so I figure I’ll show up an hour early and hope for the best.

7. Teach4 macrumors 6502a

Teach4

Mine is 13-16th, just chatted with Apple and was told it would not be likely that I would see it sooner as it is coming from over seas. I know it can’t be the 7th, I am no that dumb, but I thought perhaps before the 13th. Guess not, family members think I am stupid for getting one. Guess I am.

8. Bravia3d macrumors regular

Here in Japan mine is showing 11/19 to 11/21 delivery for my 256gb 11in

However, the folio keyboard is showing 11/25 which kinda sucks

Oddly, the pencil 2 doesn’t show a date for shipping, so guessing it will come on the 7th or 8th

I hate to wait, but that’s what you get with new popular tech and ordering a bit late. It also gives me time to see them in the store and compare the 11 to the 12.9 and see if I made the right choice or not.

9. Yourbigpalal83 macrumors regular

I ordered mine from best buy as they said shipping by the 13 instead of the 16-21st apple was saying. I hope it arives sooner but im not counting on it. As long as its on its way to me asap im happy.

10. hydro94530 thread starter macrumors regular

hydro94530

I’m going to head to the store Wednesday morning and try for one there and then cancel if I get one. I bet it won’t be too hard if I go like a half hour/hour early.