Anyone else interested in 3rd Gen iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by WoodNUFC, Oct 24, 2012.

1. WoodNUFC macrumors 6502a

WoodNUFC

I'm actually really thinking about buying a 3rd Gen iPad after yesterday's announcement. Sure, the new iPad has the A6x and faster WIFI, which are nice upgrades, but financially the 3rd Gen is very appealing!

Between Monday and Tuesday, the refurb prices dropped up to $100 off previous refurb prices, and $150 off the previous 'New' price.

Does this interest anyone else?

2. Scott2345 macrumors regular

Of course! I was gonna get a mini but why pay 329+tax for a mini when I can get a iPad 3 refurb which is just as good as new for 379 and a much much better ipad, it's a no brainer.

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

The smart money is on all these cheap iPad 3s flooding Craigslist right now. You can get a 32 for the cost of a 16 refurb, 64s are a little more, and they ususally come with $50 -$100 in accessories.

4. WoodNUFC thread starter macrumors 6502a

WoodNUFC

I've noticed the ebay auctions are great too! I saw a 32gb Verizon sell for $510 yesterday after the announcement! This could make me buy the WIFI + 4g!

5. pectin232 macrumors 6502

faster Wi-Fi on new ipad 4? Does it seriously make a difference in connections? I have those dual MIMO but rarely have found in real world it makes adifference...

6. SavMBP15 macrumors 6502

Best deal going imo. I just ordered a 16GB ipad 3, refurbed, as well.

7. Scott2345 macrumors regular

Actually the smart money is on the refurb, with a refurb you get a brand new outter shel and a brand new battery & a one year warranty.

8. Bez59 macrumors regular

I was seriously thinking about getting the mini but i think for an extra £45 i may as well get a refurb 3rd gen.

The only thing worrying me is how slow it is at charging. Hopefully the new 12w charger will charge it faster.

9. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

A refurb model is actually cheaper than a iPad 2. How does that make sense?

10. darngooddesign macrumors G3

So hold out for a used one in great shape that wasn't bough on launch day and you can get a like-new shell, a like-new battery, and a bunch of accessories. Ignoring accessories, for the same money as refurb you can get the next higher capacity up.

11. Bez59 macrumors regular

Do you think they will stay at that price?

12. AR999 macrumors regular

no i already have 1

13. Scott2345 macrumors regular

No, I think the stock will be gone by the end of the week. its to good of a price to pass up

14. darngooddesign macrumors G3

The nature of refurbs is that there will always be some. And odds are that they will stay at those prices.

15. Scott2345 macrumors regular

The prices will stay the same, but I don't see that stock lasting for long. It's a super deal.

16. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I would still go slightly used, but it is a great deal. And when the next batch of refurbs are available they should keep the same prices.

17. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

Not sure. I don't understand the pricing at all.

18. captgecos macrumors newbie

captgecos

3rd gen iPad refurb

I bought a 3rd gen 64G. It will meet my needs just fine and with a $150 off it was too good to pass up. Plus I want to stay with the 30 pin connector for a while longer.
    One observation that I had: I received the shipping information and the 'refurb' is being shipped from China. In the past, my refurb orders have come from the U.S. (usually Ca). Are these just re-allocated iPad 3s that are actually new? Just an observation because it doesn't really matter to me. All the refurbs that I've bought are the same as new anyway :)