Anyone else just showing up on the 24th ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by loskickking23, Jun 17, 2010.

1. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

I was just wondering how many on here are just going in on the 24th to buy with no reservation? It just seems like everybody pre ordered or reserved there's. I wasn't able to pre order or reserve mine that day because I want mine on the 24th so I decided to take my chances. I can be there as early as need to be so I'm not to worried...anybody else taking there chances?

2. ScottSFA macrumors member

3. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Well considering Apple isn't taking reservations anymore after the first day and with only 7 days to go, I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people that do not have a reservation at all. Which makes those that do, lucky! haha

4. AntDG macrumors newbie

i live in Greenville SC so hopefully i can go into bestbuy and pickup one i have a reward zone certificate i want to use so that would great

5. CJayC macrumors 6502

6. loskickking23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I might be! Lol...... I'm on my 3rd iPhone now and always got mine on the release date without pre order or reserve...I just don't see this one being much more crazier than all 3 iPhones before..

7. OneHit89 macrumors member

Im sorry to say this but I think your wrong, everything points to this release being by far the craziest

8. elephunkman macrumors 65816

9. JackSpearo macrumors regular

I live in Florence, SC

I waited in line two years ago for the 3G and I was second in line... I think I showed up around 5 am...

I have no idea what time I should show up for this year...

My bro in law works for at&t and he has to work that morning (the 24th) so he told me he'll know soon if they are getting any white iphones (I just want the white one)

so at least I'll know ahead of time!

10. omegaphil6 macrumors 6502

i have no choice, i need to get 2 whites, so i will be in line on the 24th to get them

11. cgentry macrumors member

And you'll share with the class, right?.. ;)

12. JackSpearo macrumors regular

absolutely but you guys have tons of connections and insiders so yall will probably know before I can even access a computer haha...

I think he said his shipment comes in the day before the launch...

he's pretty close to his regional manager, so lets hope he can get some insider info!!!

13. elephunkman macrumors 65816

I was there 1AM for the 3G and was 21st.

14. japresl macrumors member

15. cgentry macrumors member

It's all about planning... Find an AT&T store that's in some random town no one knows but the people living there... I'm from a small town in Ohio. I got there at, like, 3 am and was first in line... No one showed up until 6 or something...

16. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

We have zero reason to believe they'll have white phones on the 24th.

I personally don't believe they will.

17. omegaphil6 macrumors 6502

18. JackSpearo macrumors regular

omegaphil... just a hunch?

or do you have any concrete info?

19. loskickking23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

20. elephunkman macrumors 65816

My apple store is in the middle of nowhere but the other one is in a mall. hmm

21. Semo macrumors newbie

I reserved 3 iPhones using the iPhone app because I could place the order on-line.. Later that evening I was finally able to order the iPhones on-line and have them delivered to my office. As soon as I make sure my iPhones ship, I will call the Apple Store I reserved them at to let them know I don't need them. So that Apple Store will have 3 extra iPhones they can sell. I am sure with all the ordering problems the first day there are others who did the same thing I did. This should increase the odds of someone with no reservation being able to purchase an iPhone 4 on June 24th. Good luck to everyone!

22. youssefm macrumors 6502

I live in NYC, and there are tons of AT&T stores, Apple Stores, Best Buys, Radioshacks, and I'm betting on AT&T. HOPEFULLY it is the emptiest, and I have a friend that works there, so hopefully I can snag one on the 24th

23. loskickking23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

My AT&T store told me they might not have any due to the reserved iPhones.... I'm wondering how true that is

24. chris.robison macrumors regular

I'm going to try just showing up. Hoping they have some in store available as well. I don't want to wait til July 14th. :(

I really really wish they'd say more info about the white's so we could plan accordingly.