Anyone else just turned off to upgrade now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pdxmatts, Sep 24, 2014.

1. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

I have been reading threads since the release of the 6's. Trying to research to make an informed decision on whether to upgrade. It's all becoming to much to handle. From the no stock in stores (at least where I live, none available at any ATT or Apple Store), Back orders, IOS 8.01 mess up, bend gate, constant bickering of which size is better, up scaling, down scaling, Ram concerns, app updates, all the returns. I could go on and on. I'm pretty much over it now and very discouraged. :( Does anyone else feel this way?

2. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

you messed up by coming here for informed decisions.

3. Thegap77 macrumors member

Yup... Just bought a Sony z3 from handtec
    And a z3 compact for my wife.

4. easyfame macrumors member

I agree, the 6 just another big awkward phone. Might as well look at your other options.

I'm not too thrilled with my 6 at the moment

5. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

This!

Around these times at MR, it really sucks. Every idiot from everywhere, Apple fan or not, comes out and picks everyone and everything apart, its fun but also annoying, catch 22.

And no, I am still as stoked for my 6+ to arrive as when I ordered it. "BENDGATE" has happened to a few people, not worth caring about IMO....the update to 8.0.1, yeah thats dumb on Apples part, but it'll be made right quick we hope for those locked out of service.

6. itjw macrumors 65816

Yep. Reading a forum full of OCD Fanboys and Android users POSING as OCD Fanboys will do that to ya.

Do this: Try it yourself. See if it meets your needs.

So far it's been described as the "best display ever tested in a phone" and as having the "best camera/video recorder in a phone" along with literally hundreds of 4/5 or better reviews from PROFESSIONALS.

Is it perfect? Nope.

Please show me the phone that is, so I can be an OCD jerkass and point out it's many "flaws" for you. It's easy when literally things like "if you bend it, it bends" becomes a "problem".

It's the best iPhone ever produced. Period. In 2 years everyone will be talking about how awful the new one is, and how perfect the 6 was. It's called revisionist history, and it happens with EVERY new release.

7. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I'm not turned off for upgrading.

Bendghazi has been going on long before the 6+, and no-one complained a bit about it.

Right now, this is why everyone tends to wait at least a few months, because we know that the early adopters are going to raise a stink over each and every single thing they can come up with that is wrong. If you've noticed, no other android manufacturer has put out an ad attacking Apple over Bendghazi because they know that their devices were exposed for that as well.

But early adopters tend to be the biggest complainers early on (because they are the early adopters). That's why I've tended to wait at least a couple of months before upgrading. Not only do those issues get ironed out, but supply will catch up with demand by then. Win/win for me.

BL.

8. shaunmed macrumors regular

thats bc it was FAR more uncommon!

9. pdxmatts thread starter macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

I think you are right ;)

I want to stay with Apple. Had Android before and prefer the iPhone

The Bendgate thing is just stupid and I don't think it's an issue for me

Very sound advice. I would love to do this if I could get one.

I waited about three months after the 5 release to get mine and although the color I wanted was still not in stock, the prices went down, which is always a plus. Good advice. Thanks