Anyone else just want a 16GB 6S/6S+?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xxjonoxx, Sep 23, 2015.

1. xxjonoxx macrumors member

xxjonoxx

I'm sitting here patiently waiting for Friday morning. I missed out on Apple preorders for the 6S+ for in-store pickup, so I decided to preorder in-store at Best Buy. None of the 16GB phones could be preordered, so I reserved a 6S+ 64GB Gold. However chances are they won't get this configuration in by Friday. So my next move is to go to the Apple Store early and wait for a chance to buy one.

But thinking about it, I don't feel like I need more than 16GB. I know that the phone has a 4K camera and Live Photos are large in size (I don't plan to use either of these features much, I was good with the 6+ camera, I just want 3D Touch and 2GB RAM), but I had a 6+ 16GB and it was fine for me. Before I sold it I had like 3GB free. I never had to delete anything to make room for something else, but I do keep my phone clean and erase useless apps and pictures I take.

Plus what seems like a very high demand for 64 and 128 I think I will have an easier time finding a 16GB 6S+ on launch day, especially since I'd prefer Rose Gold. And it's $100 cheaper!

Anyone else perfectly happy with a 16GB 6S/6S+?

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

I don't mind unloading my photos to my photo library frequently. So I'm fine with 16GB. But the wife gets the iPhone the year after I use it and she takes tons of pics and videos and don't want to unload every other day. :)

3. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

With App Thinning in iOS 9 and the advanced 6S features turned off you should be good for at least another year. But beyond that? I'd be a little worried. Depends on your upgrade strategy. There's also the 50GB $0.99/mo iCloud storage if you run into trouble. So at least you have a cheap fallback to help alleviate the problem to a certain extent. As for me, when I'm already spending that much on a phone an extra $100 isn't a big deal. But I'm also a heavy user and want to use all of the features. I have a 128GB 6S reserved and I also have a 200GB iCloud Drive with 94GB used, a 1TB Dropbox that is about a third full (mainly used on my Macs), Droplr for sharing, and Lightroom Mobile with around 30,000 RAW photos, lol. Enjoy your new 6S!

4. HeroGuy macrumors newbie

HeroGuy

Same here. Once Apple Music launched I realized most of my memory came from my music library which is no longer present.

5. Oakmhcky21 macrumors member

I have over 5 gb free on my 16gb 6. I got 64 gb 6s+ though just to future proof it some. I will do my best not to upgrade again for at least 2 years.

6. DustinDev47 macrumors 6502

DustinDev47

I use Spotify for music, iCloud for photos, and I rarely download anything more than those small little games like the Pop The Lock, so the 16GB would be just fine for me.

7. iPoopeh macrumors regular

iPoopeh

Getting a 16gb 6S on Friday~ Been perfectly fine with my 5C only having that much space. Don't really see the need of wasting $100 for 64gb.

8. soupcan macrumors 6502a

soupcan

My current iPhone 5 still has about 5GB free of the 16GB, and with iOS 9 being a lot smaller and the apps running on them also being smaller with things like App Thinning I'm going with a 16GB 6S in Space Grey. The only thing I don't like is the €739 price tag it's carrying when buying it straight from Apple without a carrier plan next to it.