Anyone else keep 8 Safari tabs open at once on their iPhone ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrilyam, Sep 23, 2008.

1. mrilyam macrumors newbie

I personaly do. I pretty much have my first window set to blank/google so I can use that one for general browsing, then the following 7 I broke down into my most visited sites like wiki, forums, web apps, myspace, etc.

This saves me from having pages linked to my desktop which I think wastes space and I dont have to dig through 100+ favorites. Also since having it setup this way I have yet to have it crash on me and the only time it lags is if I start loading a site and immediately hit the tab to view all 8 again, but its only 2-3 seconds of a pause.

2. Amt macrumors regular

I always do. Mainly because I just hit the Home button before I give myself time to remember to close them. :p

3. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Hell no.

If I see there's a bunch of tabs going that I'm not specifically using - off they go.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I do neither of these things either.

I have a folder in my Safari Bookmarks that I keep at the top of the list. It contains my "iPhone Favorites" in it. They're just duplicates of bookmars from elsewhere in my bookmark folders, but they stay near the top.

So I HAVE all my bookmarks on my iPhone, but I usually spend 90% of my time just in that top folder.

No home icons and it's still a small list to look through. (And all my other bookmarks stay in place so I can find them on my Mac. So my favorite blogs are in my "Blogs" folder and also my "iPhone" folder.)

5. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

not intentionally, but I have had 8 tabs open at once before. I try to close them most of the time....

6. mrilyam thread starter macrumors newbie

Heh weird I thought more people would keep them all open....I guess to me its just no different than having a bunch of desktops for all your apps. I figure I scroll through 5 different pages of apps, scrolling through 8 safaris just makes each one seem like its own desktop to me with a specific page/site that I dont really change and also I like refreshing all my forums, social networks, and craigslist posts at once =P

7. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

never more than 4, other wise I'm paranod that it will crash

8. Knolly macrumors 6502a

I've had about 10 actually...

I access Safari almost exclusively from a Web Clip on my home screen, so sometimes it opens a new window. And I don't know if this is still true but at one point an apparent bug in the software would sometimes open a new window even if you already had 8. It just wouldn't have a number by the little tab icon.

Point being, yeah, usually have 8, and usually don't know what's on 7 of them.

9. mrilyam thread starter macrumors newbie

it wont, its pretty smart about the way it loads the pages...it only loads the page you scrolled to or away from, the only way it would crash is if u load 8 graphic intensive pages and click each one and then zoom out to all ur tabs but even then who knows if it will...so far no crashes for me here since 2.1

10. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

I assume that extra pages would slow it down? Does the program quit (kind of like Firefox saves tabs) when you press the home button or does it run in the background?

11. mrilyam thread starter macrumors newbie

Doesn't slow it down at all infact I'm replying off my phone right now. The only slowdown is an initial 2-3 second pause if u just open safari and immediately try to scroll across all the tabs.

When you quit and open safari again all ur pages remain exactly with the sites u last visited. Even if u reboot the phone it saves them.