Anyone else keeping their 5S (or previous phone)?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JoshC1991, Sep 12, 2014.

1. JoshC1991, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014

JoshC1991 macrumors newbie

I am not eligible for an upgrade, and while the new phones seem great, I do not see the need to spend the extra to have them. I mainly web browse and use my sports apps, Pandora is used too, I am not sure how much of a difference these new phones will make. Of course, when I am eligible next September, I will get whatever iPhone is out at that time. I am just happy with my 5S for the next year.

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

3. cathyy macrumors 6502a

I've used my iPhone 4 for four years since it was released in Aug 2010.

So no, nothing wrong if you didn't feel like upgrading your phone after just one year.

4. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

No. It's not bad at all. The 5s is a great phone that could last many more years. Most people who are upgrading this time around need the bigger screen and that's practically it.

5. machinestatic macrumors newbie

I hope the title of your thread is rhetorical. Please don't feel like you need permission from a forum full of strangers to keep and enjoy your phone. The 5S is an AWESOME piece of equipment and did not suddenly become obsolete JUST because a newer phone is being released. If you still like your current phone, you should proudly keep it and love it!

As a matter of fact, my best friend is eligible for an upgrade and is still choosing a new 5S over the 6 because he likes the screen size more. Different strokes for different folks, my friend. Enjoy your phone.

6. uchosen macrumors 6502

Nope, not at all. Still have a 5. Don't get caught up in the hype. Gadgets come and go.

7. JoshC1991 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh no, not seeking permission. More just seeing if there are others who are doing the same, it seems like EVERYONE I know is getting the 6 or 6 plus.

8. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

I have a 4S now and finally upgraded. I only upgrade when my contract expires and wanted to get off the "S" cycle so I was basically forced to wait until now.

9. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Nothing wrong with it at all. The 5S didn't magically explode and become crap the second the 6 was announced..

10. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

I will personally hate you for the rest of your life if you do not comply and sell your ancient iPhone 5S. The nerve of some people. Sell it now you piece of scum!!

Attached Files:

11. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Yes, it's horrible. You are a terrible person, there is a special place reserved in hell for people like you. You make me sick.

12. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yes, you're officially a worthless human being for keeping the 5s.

Seriously, I don't understand this type of rationalizing.

13. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

I have a launch day iPhone 5 & I am eligible for an upgrade now. But, my phone is still working and does all that I expect it to do. I will keep it until my phone no longer meets my expectations - which could be at iPhone 6S next year or maybe even the year after.

14. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

15. Inhalant macrumors member

Inhalant

You don't have to upgrade for at least 2-3 years. I have my 4 right now, and honestly, I would keep it if I could. The problem is that it is just too darn slow. It actually brings me down because I love this phone so much, and I don't want to part with it. It has been with me for three important years, through all of the bad and the good. Don't part with your phone cause you want what everybody else is getting.

16. JoshC1991 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thread title changed to better fit what I was trying to say

----------

I had a 4 and had the same problem, way too slow, so I got a 5S

17. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

just sold my 5S for $400. now with the normal $299 i was going to pay anyways if i had an upgrad...i can get the new 6+. yay.

18. JoshC1991 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nice deal

19. wilky76 macrumors regular

wilky76

I was going to go with the iPhone 6, but other than the screen it isn't much quicker than the 5S, so going to wait for the 6S where the real improvements will come.

20. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

there is improvement. even more in the 6+.

21. MSK5959 macrumors member

Keeping the 5S for a backup, and selling the 4S I have.

22. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

I'm in contract with my 5 until January, so I'm keeping it for now. I'm also not sure if I'll like the bigger screen. Would also need to convince my parents to let me upgrade, and my dad still has a 4S while my mom has a dumb phone. It's also tempting to go 64gb instead of 16gb, so that's $299 I need to save up plus the $99 for AppleCare+ and applicable taxes. I could probably get $200 for my 5 if I'm lucky, but that's still quite a bit for a college student.