Anyone else leave the plastic on?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mrgreen4242, Apr 3, 2010.

1. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I haven't pulled the plastic off mine yet... sort of waiting for the case to come, but I don't think it'll last until Tuesday. :p Just curious.

2. gillybean macrumors 6502a

I took it off, I think the plastic makes the image look not as good.

3. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

I'd want the full experience right out of the box. I don't think I'll be keeping the plastic.

4. CJS7070 macrumors 6502a

CJS7070

I didn't leave it on, but I definitely hesitated for a good while before pulling it off :D

5. mrgreen4242 thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Ya, it's kinda shimmery... which is why I don't think it'll last much longer. :p

6. illutionz macrumors 65816

I still have it on just waiting for my screen protector to come. I got the iPad case but don't want the screen to be ruined yet ;)

7. jster25 macrumors member

Hahaha. I was just gonna ask this question. I still have the plastic on...even with the Apple case. Not sure when I'll be removing the plastic though. I'm hoping for a screen protector soon.

8. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

The plastic makes the screen look terrible. Also, the USB port plastic flap on the bottom gets in the way. But yes, haha, I will leave it on until I get the case.

9. BacklitFirefly macrumors 6502

I hope nobody has seriously kept the plastic on! I am having a total blast, typing away on my iPad (with no screen protector) and enjoying the whole experience. Do yourself a favor and take that plastic off.
    :D

10. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

lol! i didnt take mine off my 3gs for a while. tho it takes away from the device. just take it out. it has the screen which doesn't get dirty.

11. mrgreen4242 thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Heh, well pulled mine off to read some comics in bed... The rainbow effect was too much for comic reading...

12. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

Lol! I kept mine on bc I don't have a case yet. I'm so Chinese!!! :D

13. poe8 macrumors member

You people are seriously nuts. The screen is more or less scratch proof, see PC World's stress test where they couldn't event scratch it trying with nails gouged into the glass. Are you going to be hiking with the thing or using it in your living room? Geesh.

14. mrgreen4242 thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I know people like to say the screen on the iDevices are scratch proof, but they are not. I ran my iPod touch 'naked' for several years and it was good the first two, then scratch city. I did take the plastic off finally but I am still storing it n the box until the case arrives.

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I ripped that **** off like a fat chick eats a cupcake. :D

16. magpie maniac macrumors 6502

magpie maniac

WTF? You people are seriously leaving the plastic wrap on? It's a device that's intended to be used and covered with fingerprints. It's not the Shroud of Turin. :rolleyes:

17. Maximillian macrumors 6502

Plastic off and I'm not planning on using a case.

18. bossxii macrumors 68000

It's been naked since it came out of the box! Won't be adding any ugly case to it, never have used cases on my iPhones either. Simply enjoy the feel and design of it as it was meant to be.

19. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

Mmmmmm mmmm!
    Does the plastic smell as good as it does on a new MacBook or iPhone? I swear that Apple put something in that plastic to make it smell so good! The smell is right up there with the interior of a new car!
    **checks into rehab**

20. jeffy777 macrumors 6502

Plastic came off immediately, but I think I'm going to get a silicone skin because it's kind of weird to hold when laying down. It can tend to want to slip around a bit.

21. ayasinsk macrumors regular

I still have my plastic on. I'll keep it on as long as I can, I'll make holes for headphones and speaker though.