Anyone else like to see a separate Euro-iPhone forum?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by mcdj, Nov 21, 2007.

1. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Am I the only one who would like to see the EuroiPhone related discussions branch off to their own sub-forum? I used to come here to read about tips/tricks/news, info about updates, etc. Now I have to weed through a bunch of UK/Voda/Orange/O2/Carphone Warehouse/tariff posts to get to the "general" discussions...the stuff relevant to ALL iPhone owners.

Since hacks/app discussions got their own sub-forum, presumably because the content was too specific for the "general" iPhone discussions, I feel it's safe to say that the same thing is happening with the European threads.

No offense to those interested in Euro-centric topics of course. Actually I'm likewise not interested in seeing ANY carrier/unlocking/tariff/taxes/duties discussions here, be it UK, US or Botswana. Maybe a carrier sub-forum would be useful.

We're in this particular forum to discuss the hardware/software that is the iPhone, no?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I think in theory your idea is a good one. However, it seems to me that to segregate issues that one specific region is having may seem insensitive. I would piggy back on that suggestion but look at it not as a region issue but have a separate sub forum for more contract related issues. For example if you go to some older Cingular forums they have tips and tricks, hardware updates, accessors, and then they have a place to discuss contract concerns. Maybe that's a better and more sensitive way of saying if you have issues with tariffs and such then go there. Have a forum dedicated to the phone itself and not the phone's propensity for billing issues.

The iPhone is not revolutionary in the sense that no one has ever had both a phone and a data device. I would say that revolutionary comes with the fact that browsing the web isn't as painful as it is even on say a Blackberry 87xx series (to which I own from work). So billing issues relating to such heavy use of the data features is inevitable.

I'm not saying you don't have a point, but I wouldn't want to see it segregated to countries unless they did it even by carrier. Sub forums for O2, Vodaphone, T-mobile, etc. I get your point though and if I owned an iPhone my head too would be spinning if I had to filter through tons of newer posts about the new carriers before I got to anything else.

3. Nugget macrumors 65816

Nugget

I think there are too many separate iPhone forums already. In another six months when all the clamor dies down we'll probably benefit from some consolidation.

4. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

I wouldn't do that, it would just drive people more crazy :p

not that anything here at Macrumors drives me crazy :p

5. Queso macrumors G4

Too many iPhone forums as it is when compared to the numbers of users. Leave how it is now is my opinion. Once it loses it's New Thing status the chatter will die down.

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I would split all the iPhone forums....to the wasteland.:p:):cool: