Anyone else looking for a Nintendo DS Lite?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by SamIchi, Jan 7, 2008.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

They're out everywhere online and at EB's and Gamestops, no luck at Best Buy either. I knew I should of bought one before Christmas. :(

2. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I got mine at Walmart, but this was on December 21st.

I would get a red & black one for myself looking back. I don't like the glossy bottom on my black DS Lite. My weeef's DS has a nice lightly textured matt bottom, which gives my fingers breathing grooves or something.

<]=)

3. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I'd keep checking GameStop and EB Games; you just know some spoiled little brat somewhere is going to say, "But mommy, I wanted the Pink one!" or "Mommy, I wanted the PSP!" or something and the parents will give it to GameStop who will put it out as a used product.

I didn't realize they were sold out again; I haven't had to look for one in awhile :)

When I met Miyamoto, the other writer I was with had a red DS, to which Miyamoto said, "Ooh, special edition!" Not sure why I bring it up, but the way he said it was amusing.

The red & black, being a special edition, will be hard to find later on. It also looks really pretty. I'd get one, but I've got a while color scheme going on- white DS, white Wii, white MacBook, white iPod.

4. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I got my wife one from Best Buy and they had them at Walmart when I picked up my black one. I guess the special edition became a permanent edition. :)

<]=)

5. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I was thinking of getting the silver gloss import one from Japan to match my silver iPod and the eventual metals MB's?! :) It's damn expensive though.

6. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

I'm selling mine on ebay and saving for a 360 and some games/accessories. Played through all the games I have several times and no more good games seem to be out or coming out so onto ebay it goes. (Oh... does anyone know how to get rid of the dirt stuck in the seams of the DS? shows up nicely on the white one and detracts from it's eye-appeal I think.)

7. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I got an alert for DS's from Wiialerts.com (that's how I got some Wiis) at 6 in the morning, it woke me up. But I went back to sleep, 5 mins later it woke me up again. Having my laptop right next to my bed I lean over and check my email with the link to Amazon. I was ready to one click buy it, but it was already out. Less than 10 mins @ 6 in the morning, Amazon was out again. Who the hell is buying DS's at 6 in the morning? Even if they had like 10, I don't think 10 people would've woken up just to buy a DS. Maybe I'm just pissed that I didn't get it. :rolleyes:

8. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Maybe the people that live in a different time-zones where it's later than 6 am bought them. :) But that sucks that you're still not able to get one.

<]=)

9. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I live on the east coast, I don't know how many overseas people use amazon. So yea, in Cali it would've been 3am. Oh well, just waiting for the next alert.

10. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Got it! I love Wiialerts.com got me a Wii and a DS, no fuss. :D

11. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

12. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

White, that's what I wanted. It doesn't ship till tomorrow though. I'd go for the silver one, but I'm not paying a premium for an import.

Do these DS's scratch easily? Might need a case.

13. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

My old DS was pretty durable, the DS Lite seams to be the same. The only times I really scratched it, was after I gnawed on it out of frustration and when I used my POORLY DESIGNED Sony Clié stylus! :mad:

<]=)